Been looking into some tube screamers, there seem to be so many different models, which is according to you the best sounding, or what is the difference with them.
Hands down, the TS-808 is the best sounding of them all, followed by the TS-9.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
IMO the maxon OD808 sounds better than the ibanez tubescreamers and their a little bit cheaper than the ibanez's
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Laney GH100L with Marhsall 1960BV
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone
Sorry , I forgott o mention i was also lookin into the vox cooltron bulldog distortion and the seymore duncan one.Any of you guys have any experience with anmy of those ??
Yeah, the OD808 is a great pedal too. I currently use an 808-modded Ibanez TS-5, and it's nice. Not quite the same as a real 808, but close. I'm considering the Maxon though.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
^ you'll probably want to check out the OD9 then. exact same thing as the OD808 but in true bypass.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
^ Is that true? I heard the OD808 and OD9 have different sounds. The 808 is slightly smoother? Maybe just hear'say. The 808 seems to be more expensive than the 9, is it better?
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
I have an Od808 right now...it boosts cleans but i haven't quite figured out how to get it to boost my distortion...if it can even
Setup:
Ibanez SZ520QM Gold Amber Burst w/ tone zone bridge and Norton Neck
Gibson Faded SG
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Pedals
Maxon OD808 pedal
Boss CE-5
Boss Ph-3
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Big Muff Pi
EHX Holy Grail
Danelectro Danecho
THe Ibanez isnt a "Worse" pedal but it does have a different color,

808's are smoother...less fuzz more smooth more gain than the 9's

9's are slightly more harsh but meollower at the same time, less gain but a more fuzz drive sound..

I personlay like my 9', but its been modded by voodoo amps to be exactly like an original 808, which is starting to sound thin, with no real bottom and no ass....
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
I just bought a TS-9 yesterday its pretty sweet. Gives great tones.
Read my post. Not this.
I just got my OD-9 today. it rocks. but i havent played any of the others ones so i cant really say anything about which is better.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Mesa Boogie Mark IV

Quote by aerosmithfan95
I wanna know what some blues sounding chords I could use in the key of D Aeolian fifth mode of Melodic Minor.

Quote by szekelymihai
try looking for Cm, or any of those complicated jazz chords
the difference between the 808 is 2 resistors on the output stage (the 808 has got a bit more voltage gain, its better for boosting a tube amp) and the model of the opamp chip (the JRC4558D is the legendary one...you might be able to find an old one if you break open almost any 80s japanese audio equipment)
Without trying them out (I will get to eventually) which would you go for if the 808 and the 9 were the same price?

Also, what's the difference between the Ibanez TS's and the Maxon OD's? True bypass?
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
hahaha thanks 4 all the info but what about the vox cooltron and the tc electrpnic duo distortion I asked about , no info on those???
Cooltron pedals are great but tonaly diferent from an ibanez..

tc are expensive, and they are great for delays, chorus, modulation and pitch shiftindm reverb etc, not so dist od tone based..GREAT rackmount fx too
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
i have a ts-9 and its great for pushing a tube amp a little harder..never tried any of the other ones.