Ok, here's the deal. I've been put down for a gig which occurs in less than two weeks time. The problem is that I need 3 songs to play. I've pretty much sorted out one of my own pieces, but I need 2 covers. I want to play 2 instrumental arrangements as I think this would work well in this context of the performance but I can't think of anything to play (except for perhaps Watermelon Man). I need help on what to play and where to find the tabs or notation for it. PLLLLLEEEAAASSSEEE!!!! My situation is dire.
My Gear:

Guitar: Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Bass: Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Amp: Vox AD40+
Amp 2: Stagg 60BA
Amp 3: Marshall MS-2
FX: Behringer Blues Overdrive
well, what kind of music do you like?
Quote by Chaos Guitar
im great at sweeping but horrible at pinch harmonics

well more sort of rock n roll i would like to do. But when i say instrumental arrangements i mean more like an instrumental version of the vocals
My Gear:

Guitar: Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Bass: Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Amp: Vox AD40+
Amp 2: Stagg 60BA
Amp 3: Marshall MS-2
FX: Behringer Blues Overdrive
Listen to some Apocolyptica...they do covers of Metallica (and a bit of Tool) arranged for a string quartet. It'll give you an idea on how they've arranged the vocals for an instrumental.

But for a good, easy but great sounding instrumental for acoustic (if that's what you're into) try Is There Anybody Out There from the Wall.
"He has a woman's name and wears makeup. How original."
--Alice Cooper, on Marilyn Manson.
man made god by in flames...there melodic death metal...but listin to it..you'll wanna play it then....its not that hard almost a metallica hard..

DL the song..learn it...play it
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
I like Cryin' or AWM, AWY by Satch, very emotional and not REALLY hard...
Gear:

Crafter FX550 EQL
Ibanez SA260FML

THD Univalve
Framus FR-212 Cab (Celestion Vintage 30's)

Dunlop Crybaby

Started playing May 28th 2005
I agree with cliffs of dover.. it was one of the first instermentals I learned how to play.. yes I know it's hard... if your good you may be able to get it down... if not try some satch boogie or cryin by satch
My Gear-
Gibson SG Junior
52' Hot Rod Tele
American Deluxe Strat
Yamaha Cg-104
Fender Twin (white)
Boss CH1
Boss OC-3
DOD overdrive
Fulltone OCD
Arbiter Fuzz Face
Vox Wah
BBE Sonic Stomp
Dunlop Univibe
Always with me, always with you by Satch. I learnt tht 4 my GCSE piece its not hard. Easy in 2 weeks.
Quote by I-AM-NOT-GOD
what is 'having your carrot skinned'? surely it must be painful, having your penis flayed?

'I love you so much it makes me sick'

Wanna listen to some chilled out, slightly depressing acoustic music?? --------> www.myspace.com/theriftplasticband
Orion- Metallica
Dee- Ozzy, if you like the classical thing
Laguna Sunrise- Black Sabbath
Moby Dick- Led Zeppelin, if your drummer has the balls to try and do Bonham

EDIT: Oh, and Cissy Strut by the Meters is nice, John Mayer does it on occasion, it sounds really nice and has a good beat.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20