so I've been thinking about getting a pickup for my acoustic Ibanez and maybe a preamp too. But i have no idea which are good for acoustic guitars. What would you guys suggest for a good acoustic pickup and preamp?

Thanks
how much money are you wanting to spend? chances are fairly good that you will end up spending more on the pickup, preamp, and installation than your guitar is worth if you are looking for some decent to good sound quality.
really? son of a bitch. well idk how much im willing to spend really. im working on getting an epiphone les paul standard. what cost more the pickup or preamp?
Well, I'm looking at this same issue myself...lol. The LR Baggs iBeam pickup is 95 bucks. The iBeam preamp is 210. A little up there in price for me at the moment

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
I'd say best bet is just to start off with an Acoustic/Electric package. It's pretty cheap, roughly $150, for the guitar, along with a small amp.

I wouldn't want to spend so much on an Ibanez, since they're mass production.
Daffodils for Delilah.
Acoustic EP.
Quote by xkorean
I'd say best bet is just to start off with an Acoustic/Electric package. It's pretty cheap, roughly $150, for the guitar, along with a small amp.

I wouldn't want to spend so much on an Ibanez, since they're mass production.

I couldnt' disagree more.

If you're just starting out on guitar, why spend extra money on electrionics and an amp? Thats crazy talk! If your're an electric shredder, you'll want to spend more money to get a good tone out of it.

Gear:
is there a difference between an acoustic's amp and an electric's amp or if i got a pickup could i run the acoustic through my electric's?
You could, but it would not hold the acoustic tone, and there would probably be feedback issues. If you don't have an acoustic amp, you'll be able to plug directly into a PA to perform.

Gear: