Indie "drivers" write about shitty scenery.
Heartache in the Heartland.
Half-full/Half-empty bullshit.
Purgatory.
Kid A covered in flannel.
I'll write about violent sex and ill-fated fucking up until the girls buy into it.

Or buy out.
Poor advice.
Last edited by stellar_legs at Jul 6, 2006,
good little tidbit Randy. I dont't get the "drivers" reference just yet. Every word you used was in its right place (everythiiiiing, in its right place [sorry couldn't resist ] ) I like how you fused bullshit and Bush, though I hate using Bush as the centrepiece of a piece (hehe) cuase it's too easy a swipe, I found this to be more of a subtle acknowledgement. The whole piece is meant be a message to the initiate that comes off as gibberish to the masses. Puurgatory implies something better afterwards. You do not sugest of this "hope" though, which leaves me perplex. Kid A covered in flannel is just beautiful. Describes the sounds of pseudo-britpop-grunginess that dominates the scene today. The next line alludes to perseverence. In the end the masses decide, which is the tragedy. I likey this piece. Oh and if you're bored on a rainy day or something, you can read this... https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=388245
Quote by pooch0072
good little tidbit Randy. I dont't get the "drivers" reference just yet. Every word you used was in its right place (everythiiiiing, in its right place [sorry couldn't resist ] ) I like how you fused bullshit and Bush, though I hate using Bush as the centrepiece of a piece (hehe) cuase it's too easy a swipe, I found this to be more of a subtle acknowledgement. The whole piece is meant be a message to the initiate that comes off as gibberish to the masses. Puurgatory implies something better afterwards. You do not sugest of this "hope" though, which leaves me perplex. Kid A covered in flannel is just beautiful. Describes the sounds of pseudo-britpop-grunginess that dominates the scene today. The next line alludes to perseverence. In the end the masses decide, which is the tragedy. I likey this piece. Oh and if you're bored on a rainy day or something, you can read this... https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=388245

Wow, thanks. That wasn't a Bush refference. I merely forgot the "it" at the end.
Poor advice.
Ho ho, one of your pieces I think I completely understand.

I love it anyways.
マリ「しあわっせはーあるいってこないだーからあるいってゆっくんだねーん 
いっちにっちいっぽみーかでさんぽ
 さーんぽすすんでにっほさっがるー 
じーんせいはっわんつー!ぱんち・・・

"Success is as dangerous as failure. Hope is as hollow as fear." - from Tao Te Ching

Despite the minimalist tones that are common with your work, I wanted to see more of "Purgatory". I thought it was a welcomed contrast from the more realistic images, yet it wasn't developed quite as much as the connotation of the word could have carried it. Perhaps, even playing off a faux-Divine Comedy that's all upside-down (making a "Indie" Paradiso, ending with your own brand of Inferno) - something to reinforce the more ethereal themes in subtle harmony with the very apparent reality of the images.

"Half-full/Half-empty" seemed like a waste - I say, if the audience doesn't get that if half of it is full from being told that it's half empty, then they're not going to grasp much of anything. The problem is that the "bullsh" (I'm guessing the 'it' has been purposefully removed) seems somewhat blank - it isn't bitter, it isn't spiteful, it isn't ironic. Something about it leaves that line rather emotionless (and a bit boring) in comparison to the rest of the stanza.

There's a feeling almost of emptiness, which works with your theme, but, at times, the constant punctuation kills a natural flow, giving it an alien quality, too.
Quote by LemonMonkey5
Why did you title it after the first baseman for the Cardinals, Albert Pujols?

Wow, I can't believe you actually got the reference. It is in fact named after him, but it's a long story.
Poor advice.