Tell me what you think? I currently have a Marshall 250dfx solid state amp and I am not completely satisfied with the overall dirty/overdrive channels sound. I am looking for the clean heavy distortion minus all that white noise. I am just not to the point of purchasing a tube amp quite yet. Anyone have any tips on how to make my amp sound better? ie. pedals, eq, ect.. Any help would be great.

Thanks,

T
Quote by fastmat23
Tell me what you think? I currently have a Marshall 250dfx solid state amp and I am not completely satisfied with the overall dirty/overdrive channels sound. I am looking for the clean heavy distortion minus all that white noise. I am just not to the point of purchasing a tube amp quite yet. Anyone have any tips on how to make my amp sound better? ie. pedals, eq, ect.. Any help would be great.

Thanks,

T

Sorry to say, but you're not going to get a good tone out of an MG...
Quote by Vindication
Sorry to say, but you're not going to get a good tone out of an MG...

also notice how he took out the

Marshall MG250dfx

Bahahahhaha
yea ill probally get sh*t for this but i have to add
everyone that plays an MG thinks there **** bcuz the OVERDRIVE channel is crap...
the clean channel is actually very very decent...can get some great sounds out of it

to solve the problem with the overdrive channel...buy a overdrive/distortion pedal and use the clean channel on the amp and set the pedal settings to how you want

you would be suprised what sound the amp produces

but yea....i own an mg and i agree the overdrive channel isnt good but the clean channel is decent and with a pedal and the right settings you can get a good sound
i have an MG and it's good.
not very good the overdrive, but you shouldnt talk bad about it
Play around with the gain/EQ, use some other peoples settings and so on.

What sounds are you trying to achieve?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
How to get a good tone out of an MG? you know the power button? try flicking it to the "off" position....

seriously, though, you basically need to pinpoint what's wrong with the tone. Is it too muddy? if it is, turn down the bass. Too thin? Increase the mids/contour (or decrease it, if it works like an inverse of a mid knob), maybe roll back the treble a little, and increase the bass slightly. Too noisy? Try rolling back the gain. Sounds too solid state? try rolling back the treble, and the gain but at the end of the day it is SS...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?