So I've been playing for 2 years 3 this october... When I started I was a good charlotte , simple plan freak yes sadly that was me. This led me to Nirvana which I was stuck to for a long time and went to sabbath to zeppelin to Guns N Roses. I've admired slash ever since and have really tried to devlop a style simliar to joe perry , page , slash , maybe even zakk wylde like. I have the blues thing down , not trying to sound cocky at all but I pretty much know my way around a blues scale and how to use it. What I'm looking for is some lessons or some tabs on some fast runs I always hear. Zakk Wylde and Slash are the main Ex. like the end of nightrain or some ozzy songs they have very fast runs and it sounds so fluent. Can anyone point me in the direction of a good lesson on fast runs? some tabs to check? Hell even some challenging blues stuff??
Try "Far Beyond The Sun" By Yngwie Malmsteen. He is the fastest/clearest player I know. Download it using powertab or guitar pro.
try some opeth..there very bluesy type of metal
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
opeth hmmmmm i'll check them out!! Yngiwe I've looked at his stuff is nuts lol but that's not me. I've heard of opeth but never listened i'll check em out!
ah.. i remember those days.. ive taken the same path you have. try some Lynyrd Skynyrd songs. idk if southern rock is your style, but if you try playing Skynyrd im sure you'll like it. most of their songs are really fast and upbeat, and every single one of them is either blues or pentatonic. try their song Call Me The Breeze. thats fun and challenging
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
try some satch he does some cool legato runs (he's pretty much the master of legato IMO up there with allan Holdsworth)
Gear:

Crafter FX550 EQL
Ibanez SA260FML

THD Univalve
Framus FR-212 Cab (Celestion Vintage 30's)

Dunlop Crybaby

Started playing May 28th 2005
is satch bluesy though? i thought he used more exotic scales? ^^^^^

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
some of his stuff is bluesy, but now that i think about it, your quite right yeh sorry, but some of his stuff is...
Gear:

Crafter FX550 EQL
Ibanez SA260FML

THD Univalve

Dunlop Crybaby

w/e.. its still probly fun to play, though ive never tried^^

Quote by richwatkinson
yep it is, actually, try Cryin' because it seems to mainly stay with the blues and minor pentatonic scales....

Also you might wanna try Europa or Black Magic Woman by Santana...not really bluesy but nice songs all the same
Gear:

Crafter FX550 EQL
Ibanez SA260FML

THD Univalve

Dunlop Crybaby

try some eric johnson stuff... or some SRV... or some opeth

^as the guy above said.. santana is also a fine choice
My Gear-
Gibson SG Junior
52' Hot Rod Tele
American Deluxe Strat
Yamaha Cg-104
Fender Twin (white)
Boss CH1
Boss OC-3