um if you have a tuner just tune ur low E down until your tuner says C#, your A till it says G#, and so forth

if your tuner reads flats (b) instead of sharps (#), then tune to Db Ab Db Gb Eb

its called drop Db tuning
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Quote by ScreaminBlues25
um if you have a tuner just tune ur low E down until your tuner says C#, your A till it says G#, and so forth

if your tuner reads flats (b) instead of sharps (#), then tune to Db Ab Db Gb Eb

its called drop Db tuning

mine has the flat thing. so how many flats to i put on the screen until i tune? it goes up to 5
i think just one.. but im not sure
ill get back to u

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Quote by yoyohomieg5432
hi guys, i need to tune to: C#G#C#F#A#D# from low to high. my tuner is a Korg GA-30 (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Korg-GA30-GuitarBass-Tuner?sku=210526) how do i do it?

are you serious?
you just tune your guitar down untill the note you want pops up on the screen of your tuner....
the
music and soul of love and hope and light manifesting in our minds, trapping whats left of us in our hearts.
where theres nowhere to go.

Quote by I_Pwn
Ostin, you are the pwnzorz and my new hero for that flame.

and this is a guy who's name is "i pwn"
^^^ dude dont be a dickhead its different on this tuner

i looked at the manual and you want to tune it to one flat

Quote by richwatkinson
Quote by ScreaminBlues25
^^^ dude dont be a dickhead its different on this tuner

i looked at the manual and you want to tune it to one flat

ok, thanks i appreciate the help. one problem tho. i put 1 flat on, and tuned my low e.. it still says its e though, not d. same with the other strings.
Last edited by yoyohomieg5432 at Jul 6, 2006,
can you tune it with no flats? kuz if u cant, and one flat is the lowest, then try 2 flats. The low string is gonna be 4 flats if one is the lowest, or 3 flats if you can tune with no flats

Quote by richwatkinson
Quote by ScreaminBlues25
can you tune it with no flats? kuz if u cant, and one flat is the lowest, then try 2 flats. The low string is gonna be 4 flats if one is the lowest, or 3 flats if you can tune with no flats

can you rephrase that for dummies? im confused
ok, let me start with this

you know how you can put flats on? like you said earlier. you put one flat on? well can you put no flats on?

Quote by richwatkinson
Quote by ScreaminBlues25
ok, let me start with this

you know how you can put flats on? like you said earlier. you put one flat on? well can you put no flats on?

yes, you can have no flats on
ok. tune your low E string with 3 flats on. that puts it 3 half steps lower, meaning it will be tuned to Db. then tune the rest of your strings with 1 flat on; that will put them one half step lower. your final tuning will be Db-Ab-Db-Gb-Bb-Eb

that should put it in drop Db.

by putting a flat on, it means youre tuning the note one half step lower. by putting 2 flats on, youre tuning 2 half steps lower, or one whole step lower, etc. its a little confusing but once you get used to it it should be easier

Quote by richwatkinson
just put a capo at the third fret tune normaly EADGBE then put the capo and the third fret and tune the low E string to an E there is no other way to tune it cuse your tuner isent not a chromatic turn to all the stupid tards that thought it was ....
Cmstar90: i have too lisen to a song for hours just to figure out of one part it sound and how to move my fingers tso that it sounds that way
Cmstar90: when u seem to figure it out in seconds
or if you dont have a capo use your finger...just fret the 3rd on the low e...and the 1st fret on the rest.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt