Poll: Would you like to see a spanish/flamenco lesson on UG
Poll Options
View poll results: Would you like to see a spanish/flamenco lesson on UG
Yes! Go for it.
42 84%
No, i'm too narrow minded to support guitar styles which aren't mainstream.
8 16%
Voters: 50.
I've sifted through many sites but i can't seem to find a great deal on this style of music. So i've decided that if you guys like the idea that i'm going to attempt to compose a Spanish/Flamenco guitar lesson. ATM i don't know a great deal about it but i intend to research from many sources - interenet, books, people.
What do you think?

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
Most indubitably! I have spent many long time trying to find such a lesson on the internet. thank you!
Yes, it is vastly biased. But it's amusing.

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
I'm up for it... but who'd write it? I know some stuff about it, so if I could in any way contribute... maybe we could all throw in some ideas, then one person writes the whole thing up and in the lesson gives special thanks to everybody who helped... just a suggestion, because I do know a thing or two about it, just probably not enough for a full lesson.
flamencos very free form (altho there r some standards) in tht many parts are improvised to match wat the dancers r doin n the percusionists. basically it uses alot of altered chords, modulation in various modes and a variety of techniques like rolling strumming n stuff. its closer to classic guiatr than electric. id do a lesson on it bt i dnt hav sheet music etc. yet from which to draw examples as i only began looking into it recently
I just found a wikipedia page with some helpful stuff on it.
Plus I have a guitar book that explains a whole bunch of different styles, and Flamenco's in there.
You know what, if you guys would be happy with me writing the lesson, I'd be more than happy to do so. Would that be alright?
YES FINALLY! I asked a few weeks ago if there were any flamenco players here and didnt get any responce. I think it'd be awesome.
I've Got a Green Tinted Sixties Mind

?Mike
Quote by conceptne
go for it!

Alright, sweet, I'll get crackin'. I've already gathered some nice stuff off the net, plus I have that other book... I'll start typing soon once I get everything gathered. It should be done either today or within the next couple of days... thanks for letting me do this, guys! I won't let you down!
Lol, the original post said that i was going to do it -.-

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
Quote by BodaciousBob
Lol, the original post said that i was going to do it -.-

My bad! Really, if you want to do it, I won't steal the idea from you or anything. It's just that you couldn't seem to find the right info, and I have, so...
But no, if you want it, you take it. I'd feel like crap for taking your lesson from you. I guess I didn't catch the part that said you'd do it.
I'm having a bad day today.
Well it's something i've been thikning about for a while. Anything anyone would like to contribute will be gladly accepted and credit will be given.

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
Hmm... let me see what I can think of off the top of my head here...

1. Heavily uses the phrygian mode and harmonic minor scale.
2. Play a minor scale a fourth up from the major key (e.g. A minor scale followed by an E chord; maybe that's too vague, though)
3. Moveable E chord shape has a distinct sound; meaning that you take the E chord shape (022100) and move it around to different position as to follow the A minor scale. 033200, 055400, 077600, etc.
4. Because Flamenco is so heavily influenced by the (usually) accompanied song & dance, heavy syncopation is also used. It's often rare to hear straight quarter notes, 8th notes, etc. An example strumming pattern would be this (/ indicates a strum, x indicates a rest): all 16th notes |/xx/xx/xx//x/xxx| or |/x//x//x///x///x|, the list goes on and on.

I'll see if I can find some more helpful stuff for ya. You may want to even include some history on the Flamenco, just so your lesson give fellow UGers a bit of a... well... a lesson!
I'll be glad to help you out on this; it's truly a great idea for an article, since Flamenco music heavily influences my playing.
^^^ He obviously knows his flamenco... Great idea for a lesson.
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
Most defenitaly.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
good idea. think: if you two collaborated, it would (theoretically) be twice as good. go for it!
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by tubab0y
good idea. think: if you two collaborated, it would (theoretically) be twice as good. go for it!

Who two? You're not talking about me, are you? I just want to make sure.
when strumming, strum like so:

pinky upstroke, ring upstroke, middle upstroke, index upstroke, index downstroke . repeat

this is for the fast moving chord progressions
Flamenco owns.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
^ hey, you seem familiar. and yes, i was talking about you, seth.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by tubab0y

Yeah it would be mint!!! Go for it!

Though nothing will drive them away
We can beat them, just for one day
We can be Heroes, just for one day