Ok, first off I don't want anyone who doesn't own a Epi LP Standard to post, because then I just get opinion or "what you've heard", and not fact. So, on with the show.

I want to know, how well it sustains and how difficult tapping is. When I say tapping I mean, do you have to strain your fingers to get your tapping out, or are the pickups sensitive enough to pick it up easily. Also, please list any issues you've had with yours, or anything you would change if you could.

2001 Fender MIM Stratocaster
1987 Fender F-210 Acoustic
Partscaster (in progress)

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Follow me on Twitter!
I don't know about other people LP standard and I don't know about tapping but I do know that the perticular one that I got had amazing sustain, I don't know if they are all like that because I played three of them and only one had amazing sustain (the one I bought) so just play em before you buy em is my motto
Thanks for the input guys, anyone else?

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:

Follow me on Twitter!
ive replaced about 3 epi switches. and the strap pegs tend to get loose within a couple of years.

u asked about issues.
as for tapping, ringing out sustain, alot has to do wt ur amp, how low u keep ur strings, and how high u keep ur pups.
it doesnt ring out as long as my schecter, but thats a string thru. so i guess thats a factor.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Mine has sustain for die waiting...and tapping is just ok. Its a good guitar.
No Signature
jj1565: I have a 100watt Marshall, so the amp shouldn't be a factor. How do you have your pickups and action set for optimum performance?

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:

Follow me on Twitter!
I have my action on my Epi LP standard set low. I think tapping is really, really easy. However, I have upgraded the p-ups to a JB/ '59. The '59 in particular sounds breathtaking. But the stock pickups are quite adequate. I put straplocks on, so I havent had the strap button issue another guy had. I really enjoy playing this guitar a ton. People who bash Epiphones are generally those that want to feel better about their ****ty brand copy, or are guitarists who believe that you only play well with an expensive guitar. Take it from me: A guy who owns a Gibson SG Standard and and Epi LP. The Epi is great.
Rolling Stones October 8th.....hell yea
Nice, thanks for the elaboration. How was the tapping and sustain with the stock pickups?

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:

Follow me on Twitter!
I have an epi Lp standard and I love it. I don't do much tapping but the little I do is very easy. I have the stock pickups in it and they are quite good. i set mine up myself and the action is pretty low. low enough to play very well but high enough to get little fret buzz. i'd say def have it set up, or do it yourself it's not hard. i'd also say get some strap locks, preferably Schallers, I have some and they're really good.

Gear
Gibson Explorer
Epi Les Paul Standard

Amp
B-52 AT-100 Half stack.

I used to have one.

Tapping was fairly easy, it generally played quite smoothly. The sustain wasn't bad either. It was a pretty nice instrument, and for a while i regretted getting rid of it (untill i got my Gibson LP standard that is).

The downsides were that the stock pickups sounded a little muddy. It also wouldn't stay in tune very well and i had some problems with the volume pots and pickup switch crackling and popping. Nothing major, i enjoyed it a lot but these small annoyances eventually lead me to look for something better. However, if your budget doesn't allow for more, then it's a good purchase.
Quote by Mike1109
jj1565: I have a 100watt Marshall, so the amp shouldn't be a factor. How do you have your pickups and action set for optimum performance?

ive got the epi studio. (my cousin has had the standard for years and i wanted something similar but different.)

anyway, my neck is as straight as a board. im able to get my action pretty low.
i keep the pups high up, they can get a bit muddy, but im planning on modding her this summer.
suprisingly nice sustain too. the neck takes some getting used to, im mostly a fender fan. overall a really nice play, with feedback when i want it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011