one has two bands, one has three.

omGWtFHAXX0rs!!1

generally 2 is bass/treble, 3 is bass/mid/treble.
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
A 'band' of EQ in terms of Bass is just a group of similar frequencies controlled by a tone pot. My Stingray is a 3EQ, and like the other guy said, it's got bass, middle and treble. If you're trying to make your mind up on which to buy, get the 3, much more versatile.
Musicman Stingray 3EQ
what if you generally have the mids off? does not having a mid pot and having a mid pot down to 0 make a difference?
I thought it just bypassed mids all together by inducing a neutral mid range? Not having a mid pot puts mids on '5' and just means that you cant change it.
Musicman Stingray 3EQ
Quote by 4string-tsurigi
what if you generally have the mids off? does not having a mid pot and having a mid pot down to 0 make a difference?

Musically, you can't have your mids "off". Every tone you here has midrange. If turn it all the way down, your sound will be VERY bright, and probably not something most people would like. You can just keep it in the middle, and that means that nothing is being done to them.

On most 3 band EQ on basses, there will be a little notch the knob falls into when it is positioned in the middle, so you know where you are. From there you can drop or add to what you have.

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
Quote by Incubus_SCIENCE
Musically, you can't have your mids "off". Every tone you here has midrange. If turn it all the way down, your sound will be VERY bright, and probably not something most people would like. You can just keep it in the middle, and that means that nothing is being done to them.

On most 3 band EQ on basses, there will be a little notch the knob falls into when it is positioned in the middle, so you know where you are. From there you can drop or add to what you have.

yes, i know. I have the mids lowered on mine and it sounds okay, despite the action being ****ed.

so will the eq's sound different with, say, treb and bass at top and mids at lowest?
Quote by Incubus_SCIENCE
there will be a little notch the knob falls into when it is positioned in the middle, so you know where you are. From there you can drop or add to what you have.

Centre Detente
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.