hey i'm looking to buy a cheap (around £200) strat copy just to mess around with becuase i dont want to have to buy a fender. i've looked at the squier standard strat but the agathis body doesnt really appeal to me. are there any alternatives with bodies made out of something better like alder, or any general strat copy recommendations?
Get a squier with an adler body.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by zekk
Get a squier with an adler body.

where from? the squiers i've seen only have agathis bodies
Not all squiers are compleate ****. Most are, but not all. Some of the higher end (for a squier) rival lowend normal fenders.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
I own a Hamer Slammer strat copy and I must say that it sounds amazing! You get little to no feedback at all, and it stays in tune fairly well.
My Gear:

2006 Fender American Strat
'58 Reissue Korina Gibson Flying V
1963 Harmony H53 Rocket
Squier Tele Custom II

Fender Champion 600
whats wrong with fender? why not scrape up another 100 or so and get a MIM strat
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Quote by Shredding Sam
I own a Hamer Slammer strat copy and I must say that it sounds amazing! You get little to no feedback at all, and it stays in tune fairly well.

I have this

the yamaha pacifica 112J for $200 USD, has an alder body , a humbucker in the bridge (dont know maybe u want one) and is definately a great starter.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Yamaha-PAC112J-Electric-Guitar?sku=511077
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Jul 6, 2006,
Squire or ESP
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
just get the standard strat

it'll last u alot longer and for the price you pay they're awesome guitars
Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
Quote by FoolOnThePlanet
Squire or ESP

you fool its almost impossible to get an ESP at such a cheap price. im going to put my voice in and say SX strats are very neatly built
Try to find a Squier that is made in the late 80s/early 90s, they are the best Squiers to my opinion...Price is somewhere around 300-500?(mint condition)
I reccommend the Peavey Raptor Plus. its cheap and i think that it has pretty good sound...very fast neck, and it comes in sss and hss, check out some reviews on harmony central.