POS Ion strat
Vox ad50vt
15 watt practice amp
Ibanez rg570
what are you going to use it for? I got a 50
Quote by Yakult
Why are you talking to yourself? Stay off the drugs
Quote by Knives490
i have a 50vt and i think the only difference between them is the size and that the 50 has mre effects and settings

Nope, they have the same number of effects and settings. The only (and major difference) is the speaker quality and size. AD50 has a Celestion speaker which is a little more bassy, naturally, but better overall. The AD30VT has a Vox speaker that's crap. Horrid crap. And the AD50 has a speaker jack, I think.

In other words, get the 50.
Hi, I'm Peter
doesnt the 50 have a better speaker than the 30? if so it should be worth the money

^ beaten to it
After owning one for over 6 months, I don't even find it to be that. With cleans, it makes a farting sound. With bassy guitars, open chords sound muddy, undistinct.
Hi, I'm Peter
i tried the 50 so im gonna go with the extra 200dollars and get that i think the guy at the store did talk about the speaker
Get the 50. Trust me, I've got the thirty and really, there's no downside. More power, more speaker jack-ness, what's not to love? And the amps sound quite nice anyhoo.
It all depends on how you plan to use it. I bought my AD30VT to use in small tight spaces, where trying to squeeze in a whole lot of equipment just ain't possible. On a more spacious stage, where you can use hand trucks to move everything around, I play my SuperReverb. The Vox only weighs around 26-1/2 lbs, while the Fender weighs about a gazillion, and takes up about four times the space, plus whatever effects pedals etc. No way would I push the Vox as hard as I would the Fender, I get the tone I want and mike it thru the PA.
Quote by HeartInACage
True, but a peavey all-tube is amp is vastly better than a vox solid state

No nessicarily, you've never played the peavey so you wouldn't know. In general though peaveys are not great.
just because it's tube doesn't mean it's good.
good solid state>bad tube.

don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's bad as I personally have never tried it, but don't just assume it sounds awesome because it has tubes.
1995 MIM Fender Strat
Breedlove AD25/SM Acoustic
Chandler Les Paul w/Duncan Alnico II-Pro & Pearly Gates
Little Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Crybaby
Vox AD50VT

Quote by CheeseMuffin909
Zakk Wylde.
He's like Elton John but with a guitar, more stylish clothes, and not gay.
The word on the street is that the Valveking sounds very much like solid state. I would buy the 50.
hey, i just got the 50 and its awesome, and because of the power level control it can get really quiet,making it a superb amp for practice ang small-mediumish gigs
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

taken from VOX's website, also the owner's manual to my amp:

Speaker: AD50VT = 1x Celestion 70/80 (12 inch 8 ohm), AD30VT = 1x VOX original (10 inch 8 ohm),

http://www.voxamps.co.uk/products/valvetronix/ad15vtad30vt.htm
1995 MIM Fender Strat
Breedlove AD25/SM Acoustic
Chandler Les Paul w/Duncan Alnico II-Pro & Pearly Gates
Little Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Crybaby
Vox AD50VT

Quote by CheeseMuffin909
Zakk Wylde.
He's like Elton John but with a guitar, more stylish clothes, and not gay.
Quote by PapaDelicious
just because it's tube doesn't mean it's good.
good solid state>bad tube.

don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's bad as I personally have never tried it, but don't just assume it sounds awesome because it has tubes.

yesss exactly what I was trying to say. Heartinacage automaticly thinks that tubes=good and he shouldn't