what would the best pickup be? (people who have used these)

the sh-4 jb model

the sh-6 duncan distortion

or the sh-8 invader
"Im not gonna say anything inspirational... im just gonna ****in sware alot. -Billie Joe Armstrong
prolly go with the sh-4. its not as over the top as the sh-6 and invader. it will do well for punk/ pop punk type stuff. (im just goin by your avatar and sig to generalize your style)
Do a barrel roll!
yea i was leaning towards the jb model. im running a gibson les paul classic through a peavy valve king with 212s. and i want a pickup that can do it all (punk, blues, metal, everything)
"Im not gonna say anything inspirational... im just gonna ****in sware alot. -Billie Joe Armstrong
ive got a JB in the bridge in my SZ and i like it. cleans are rather bad and it can get really trebily at high volumes, but all i did was turn down the high and mid on my amp and it sounded great. from what ive heard, the invader is over kill and the distortion is only good for heavy distortion.
Daron Malakain used SH-6 and his distortion was awesome, but so was all of his gear. I have the SH 8 Invader and it's way too muddy even for metal.
Quote by The way to hate
Daron Malakain used SH-6 and his distortion was awesome, but so was all of his gear. I have the SH 8 Invader and it's way too muddy even for metal.

Invader... it an do all except clean... Daron malakian used a vareity of pickups, Emgs, Duncans, but i think he used the stock ones from his SG the most?
Duncans are overrated IMO....there are much better pickups that people overlook....maybe a little pricier, but well worth it!

My new PRS Tremonti pickups completely ruin the duncan I had (I had a JB SH-4 in the bridge).....sooo much better in every way.
The JB is a great pickup if you know how to use it. If you throw it in there and leave it, it's gonna sound flat, bland, and trebly. If it's too close to the strings, it's gonna sound too hot and your cleans will suffer as well as less sustain. Too far away and your distorted tones will suck. Each of the poles needs to be adjusted as well. They should be closest to the strings on the D and G strings and farthest away on the E's. The B and A should be somewhere in between. You get better midrange tones that way. Play around with it until you find what you like.
Guitars
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Fender Standard Strat (w SD JB Humbucker in bridge)
Squire Strat
Amps
Marshall TSL 60 Head
1960A Cab
Line 6 Spider II 112
Rack
Korg DT-1 Tuner
DBX Compressor
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Yep, Malakian uses 498ts........... !!

THe Tremontis are great I've tried them !!
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
Swineshead Warthog or a BKP Nailbomb, i agrre with ibanez4lifesz: Duncans are overrated.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
No they aren't.......... the sound better than most DiMarzios I've tried !!
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
^ i disagree, I prefer DM's. But I'm not a major fan of either...

At the end of the day, it's mostly preference. Threadstarter- if you want to play a bit of everything, from the ones you've listed, get the JB.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ i haven't tried it, but I assume they aren't amazing. I'd say the JB would be better.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If your talking about the SH-6. The cleans are crap. I suggest a Jazz in the neck for cleans or a Pearly gates or a 59 they all kinda sound similar in cleans to me
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
I have a JB and a 59 in a guitar. I used to hate it but once I figured it out I love it. I would get the JB.
Member #4 of the Agile LP over Epiphone LP Club. PM iamtehwalrus768 to join.