Ive got my band going pretty well and the tone in my new Crate VFX5112 isnt giving me what I want,... its a great amp, just not for what im trying to play.

Can someone tell me where to go to purchase Mesa/Boogie amps in the USA? And also, how much am I looking to spend on a Triple rectifier and 4x12 straight cab?

thanks if you can help me out
ebay. . .between 1500 and 3000 and probablly guitar center and what not
setup:
Jackson ke-3
Peavey supreme 100

Quote by Archaon
if I ever see a greenday kid throwing up the horns while listening to greenday, I'm going to have to kick his ass. I'm not saying they shouldn't be allowed to throw up the horns, just not to greenday.
don't get the triple recto, you'll never need that much wattage, a dual rec is loud enough
i have the same amp except with a 2x12 and am upgrading to a Dual Rectifier myself.

I'm buying one from a local warehouse, First Quality Music.
Check Mesa's website for dealers near you.

I'd get a Dual Recto if I were you. Its easier to push without killing any small children within the area and no one needs 150 watts of tube power unless your Spinal Tap or something.
Last edited by Refixer at Jul 6, 2006,
Yeah... my Dual... is just.... really LOUD. I couldn't and wouldn't imagine the Triples output with 50 more watts..... that's just crazy. However, Mesa Rectos IMO kick ass. That my friends is just one reason I bought it. Alright... later-much.
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
^ The extra 50 watts doesn't add much audible difference, there's only like a 6dB difference between the two. It's mostly just for headroom, not really a volume issue.
clips
Gear
  • Framus Cobra Head
  • Peavey 5150 Head
  • Marshall MF280 4x12 Cab
  • PRS Custom 24 w/ 3-Way/Coil Tap
  • Ibanez RGT220A w/ EMG 85 Neck/81 Bridge
  • Rack w/ BBE 482i, Hush Super C, and Furman