all right none of you care but i posted this in the pit which was dumb so my very wise friend told me to change the forum it was in so yeah.

im debating over whether to buy the seymour Duncan livewire set or get a combo of an EMG-81 in the bridge, and an EMG-85 in the neck position. so if you guys throw in some opinions anything's welcome.
Actually, Jayme, I'd go with DiMarzio Evolutions. Your amp sucks too much to benefit from active pickups. In fact, it'll make it sound worse.
dunno, but as of right now im installing emg 81/85s into my dimebag signature, anyone done before also?? any tips???? a little complicated. the directions they came with suck, i think i got this down but just wanna hear some advice.

p.s. dont tell me to get other pickups, as i live emg 81/85s and i already bought them in an attempt to recreate a slayer/nevermore sound with my guitar
Quote by garden of grey
dunno, but as of right now im installing emg 81/85s into my dimebag signature, anyone done before also?? any tips???? a little complicated. the directions they came with suck, i think i got this down but just wanna hear some advice.

p.s. dont tell me to get other pickups, as i live emg 81/85s and i already bought them in an attempt to recreate a slayer/nevermore sound with my guitar

They're not hard to install at all, really. Just take out all of the electronics except the pickup selector, and follow the directions.
depinatly go with the EMG's, i have some and their amazing and yes i have tried seymour's
oh patrick that really hurt man. i spent my life savings on that amp!! yes i admit its a solid state amp, but...but.....bah, i have no comeback.
Quote by i_baked_cookies
The Dave Mustain Livewire pickups raped every EMG I have ever played in any guitar ever.

Yeah, I've heard those are t3h awes0me. I suggested them to Jayme (nxtvanhalen to you guys), and he used to be considering them.
i definitely want to get the seymour duncans more because people talk more about their insane output than they talk about EMG's output. also i want more of an organic one, and people say that seymour duncans give you more of that. and the set includes a livewire classic which has really nice clean tones so im warning you dont tell me about the sucky clean on the livewire metal.
The Dave Mustain Livewire set didn't sound like the active pickups I'm used to, they sounded liked boosted super hot passives with a ton of sound and no feedback... very sharp and powerful and tone-filled.
Quote by nxtvanhalen
i definitely want to get the seymour duncans more because people talk more about their insane output than they talk about EMG's output. also i want more of an organic one, and people say that seymour duncans give you more of that. and the set includes a livewire classic which has really nice clean tones so im warning you dont tell me about the sucky clean on the livewire metal.

Get the Daves. They have silver covers, and I know how much you love silver covers.
Well I played this used guitar in guitar center with a set of Metal SD Livewires and it was INSAAANNNEEEEE.

No matter how far down I turned the volume I couldn't even get a clean tone out of it.

It's possible the highest output pickup ever made.

But the Dave Mustaine set should sound different because they are different livewires.

To make up your mind listen to metalica and zakk wyle to hear emgs and then listen to megadeth to hear the Dave Mustaine set.

Livewires

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2337505929621644902&q=Megadeth

EMGS

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4385068722531922335&q=Metallica
Quote by priest.fan.
^ looks like that was filmed when Mustaine was using the JB?

Tonally the JB is the same as the Livewire. The livewire is just louder.
idk about the dave set. i mean im a sucker for chrome covers...a big sucker....but i want SUPER INSANE distortion. im trying to get crazy overdrive without a noisy pedal, like the one i have now...and the dave set sounds a little weak. maybe those were the wrong words to use.... but i guess in my opinion the more distiortion the better

no matter how beautiful the dave set is...

and i dont want to get them scratched up.