We all here at UG know and love Agile guitars (well most of us). The good folks at Rondo's Music are now selling higher end strats then they previously have and have branded them Agile. I found one that I really like (at least for looks). I am contemplating buying it and modding it up but I am not too sure as I have yet to see any feedback on this guitar anywhere. I basically want this to be my main strat as I am not a big fan of fender guitars. So this is an alternative for me. So I just have a couple of questions before I take the plunge. Any help is appreciated.

1) How are 2 piece bodies when it comes to sustain? Durability?

2) How is the Wilkenson tremolo system?

3) Can I switch out this neck for a Warmoth if I need/want to?

4) Is a guitar like this worth upgrading the parts or will it stay crap if it originally is crap?
My Gear:
Boss EQ-20
Budda BudWah
Fender Highway One Strat
Gibson SG Standard
MXR M-101
Traynor YCV80
2). I've heard pretty good things about the Wilkenson
3). Its a bolt on, so yes
4). Hells yea!
Nice. Thanks for the input. Still wondering about the body wood though. I am gonna get rid of my other strat I got from Rondo's and get this one. I'll upgrade the tuners, nut, strap locks, and a custom harness and pickups over time. Make it into a gigable guitar.
My Gear:
Boss EQ-20
Budda BudWah
Fender Highway One Strat
Gibson SG Standard
MXR M-101
Traynor YCV80
The wood quality is in question. For all you might now this one might compete with squiers as far as crappyness is concerned. With the body wood i mean.
Quote by Torbeborge
The wood quality is in question. For all you might now this one might compete with squiers as far as crappyness is concerned. With the body wood i mean.

Agile's are said to use a very decent grade of wood.
I am not looking for the god of choice tone woods. As long as it is decent wood I'm fine. But if it does rival squier then I might have to pass.
My Gear:
Boss EQ-20
Budda BudWah
Fender Highway One Strat
Gibson SG Standard
MXR M-101
Traynor YCV80
^By whom? Who's said that? The way the EG forums work, one guy says something enough, the people who don't even have a clue about stuff like that will start making bold statements as if they were experts in the guitar field. So even if 50 % of the people here says the body wood is great, doesn't necessarily mean that anymore than 1 % have actually touched an agile their whole life..

Edit: To threadstarter, it all depends on your level of experience. If you're a noob, the agile will probably be a good guitar for you. If you're a intermediate or beyond, i'd wanna try out the guitar before i even thought of buying it.

I've never played an agile, though, so i can't say anything about its quality.
Last edited by Torbeborge at Jul 6, 2006,
well its a two pc alder. squiers are 3 pc. so its a win there.
the problem is always, what is the grade of wood. and how thin is that finish?
will it wear well.

i think it sounds like a good $300 guitar.
and defininately is competing with a MIM fender.
but i wouldnt get a $300 guitar only to swap the neck for a + 200, when i could have gotten a better mex made fender instead.

i think, just looking at the specs, its probably good for the price.
but id stick to pup upgrades, simple stuff on it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
What just happened?

Edit:
Jenny: Anyway I don't mind a thin finish cause I don't care about the battle scars it will end up getting. I am just worried about the body wood now. Even if I get a MIM Fender I will still swap the neck because I like wider nut widths. If I do get a MIM Fender I want it in white which is a real pain to find.

Torbe: I'm about intermediate late noob now I guess. I know what I need to know just playing and getting better as time goes basically.
My Gear:
Boss EQ-20
Budda BudWah
Fender Highway One Strat
Gibson SG Standard
MXR M-101
Traynor YCV80
Last edited by Montague at Jul 6, 2006,
Quote by Montague
3) Can I switch out this neck for a Warmoth if I need/want to?

Email Kurt and let us know. When I asked a while back if the SX Strat would accept a Fender neck, he mentioned that I would need to put in shims to get it to fit correctly, which he didn't recommend.

I hope the Agile's neck pocket is compatible with the regular Strat neck.
I just emailed him about it. He will get back to me soon hopefully.

Edit:
Update: I'll just post his response.

Hi
Thanks - 3 no's to the questions below
for #1 - the pickguard from a fender should fit, but the screw holes will not line up exactly.
#2 you should be able to get a warmoth neck to fit, but you will need to shim it a bit

Kurt

These are the questions that I asked him:

I have some questions about the Agile ST-100.

1) Is the pickguard interchangeable for normal strat pickguards?

2) Is the neck interchangable for a Warmoth neck as far as dimensions are concerened? Warmoth sets their necks by Fender standards.

3) Is the headstock angled?

Thanks for any feedback.

*I guess this was a waste of time. Thanks for everyones helpreally appreciate it.

Since I am all started on the whole but another guitar thing I might as well pick up an Agile LP. I think I will just get this and be done with it for now.
My Gear:
Boss EQ-20
Budda BudWah
Fender Highway One Strat
Gibson SG Standard
MXR M-101
Traynor YCV80
Last edited by Montague at Jul 6, 2006,
there's a problem there. just so u know, the 2000 series is just a beginners guitar.
if you can, get a 3000 or better. there isnt a huge jump in price, but there seems to be a huge jump in features ans quality.
i dont own an agile. but if u wait, im sure agile owners will chime in with the same advice.

thanks for asking about the strat.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I looked for the 2500 and 3000 models but they don't seem to have any in stock that I like. The older models they used to stock I loved but I didn't have the money at the time. Now that I do I'm screwed I guess.
My Gear:
Boss EQ-20
Budda BudWah
Fender Highway One Strat
Gibson SG Standard
MXR M-101
Traynor YCV80
Quote by Torbeborge
^By whom? Who's said that? The way the EG forums work, one guy says something enough, the people who don't even have a clue about stuff like that will start making bold statements as if they were experts in the guitar field. So even if 50 % of the people here says the body wood is great, doesn't necessarily mean that anymore than 1 % have actually touched an agile their whole life..

Took the words right out of my mouth. This is why I will not buy from Rondo.

2001 Fender MIM Stratocaster
1987 Fender F-210 Acoustic
Partscaster (in progress)

Traynor YCV40
Ibanez TS-9
Ibanez AD-9
MXR M-108
EHX Metal Muff
Boss NS-2

WTB:
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner

Follow me on Twitter!
I believe everything is worth a chance. Kurt is also a nice guy from my experience with him and you can return the guitar no problem in most cases. This will be my second guitar from Rondo.
My Gear:
Boss EQ-20
Budda BudWah
Fender Highway One Strat
Gibson SG Standard
MXR M-101
Traynor YCV80
I have an agile al3000 prestige lp (in black and nickel ) and it's a very solidly constructed and good (not best) detailed guitar and they're made in Korea. I used the chart (of the materials used) that rondo provided and did a quality and price researches and found this guitar, imo, to be the best deal. The prices doesn't justify the higher models than the al3000 prestige. I decided on the al3000 and did my own upgrades. I just replaced the pups with emgs.

And a tube amp. "sigh"
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
lol. Nice. Was there any imperfections you had issues with? How were the stock pickups? Does your Agile have a maple top or just carved mahagony (Just asking for this one)?
My Gear:
Boss EQ-20
Budda BudWah
Fender Highway One Strat
Gibson SG Standard
MXR M-101
Traynor YCV80
i own the 2800 and highly recommend...i swithced out the bridge pup for a SD-JB but was goin to no matter wat, wheter it was this guitar or not. either way they are really great instruments and worth more than what u pay. and mine has canadian maple quilt top. hope this helps, if theres anything else jus let me kno
Is the headstock on your Agile angled back (tilted) TUMFP? Do you know whether the neck is mahogany or maple?
My Gear:
Boss EQ-20
Budda BudWah
Fender Highway One Strat
Gibson SG Standard
MXR M-101
Traynor YCV80
Quote by Montague
I looked for the 2500 and 3000 models but they don't seem to have any in stock that I like. The older models they used to stock I loved but I didn't have the money at the time. Now that I do I'm screwed I guess.
Yeah the Tiger eye AL2000 and Root Beer AL3000 arent on the webpage anymore those are the ones I wanted.
Yeah that just pisses me off. I don't even know if they will get any more in stock I think I will email Kurt again.
My Gear:
Boss EQ-20
Budda BudWah
Fender Highway One Strat
Gibson SG Standard
MXR M-101
Traynor YCV80
Quote by Montague
lol. Nice. Was there any imperfections you had issues with? How were the stock pickups? Does your Agile have a maple top or just carved mahagony (Just asking for this one)?

Just that the nut was too high and I cut it myself. The guitar is made all mahogany, 2 piece wafer layered body, 1 piece neck with ebony fretboard and abalone markers(bitchin') and very nice frets. What I call a fantastic neck. I chose mine black so it doesn't have any maple. The pups on the guitar were alnico 5s and sounded very good when I replaced the caps on the knobs. It has grover 18:1 tuners, decent bridge and tailpiece and they're heavy. They're what I called better than cheap materials. For what I paid which is $369 I got a gorgeous guitar. Later Kurt only had black and cherry al3000s left he dropped the prices to $299. You'll never beat this deal.

I also bought an SX mockingbird there which is rather cheap, $120 and I got it in black. Not too bad really but it needed work. I had to level the frets (with a sharpening stone ) which are jumbo jumbos I've ever seen and the neck is wider, 1 5/8" they say but I measured 1 3/4" I'm starting to like this neck and it played good but I can't get the action down because the bridge is bottomed. Looks like it's going to be a project guitar.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Last edited by OldRocker at Jul 7, 2006,
Very very nice guitar from what you posted. Hopefully they will restock on the higher end models and I can get one. But until then it's just the waiting game I guess.
My Gear:
Boss EQ-20
Budda BudWah
Fender Highway One Strat
Gibson SG Standard
MXR M-101
Traynor YCV80
Yeah I checked. You guys think they are going under?
My Gear:
Boss EQ-20
Budda BudWah
Fender Highway One Strat
Gibson SG Standard
MXR M-101
Traynor YCV80