Today I was playing my bass and I was just assing around and I had put my arm over one of the pickups (not on purpose). When I moved it away I felt a quick sudden pain where the pickup had touched my arm. Is it more possible that it shocked me or that it just pulled one of my arm hairs? It's happened twice now, and not that it really matters, but it'd just be a nice thing to know. It's nothing serious, at all. A quick, very small shocklike pain.
"The poor didn't want this one."
my friend has an amp from the '60s and it doesnt have a ground wire.......he gets shocked all the time by it.......how old is your amp?
It's a brand new Fender Rumble 15... I just bought it like 2 months ago.
your bass is trrying to kill you!find a priest and run for the hills!
Call Me Joe
Quote by wesleyisgay
IF MATT DAMON DIES TOMMAROW

FUK

Communist Mormon of 2.21.19.8

Caffeine Head of The Bass Militia
yes, it's angry at me for my bad and abusive attempts at popping and slapping.
that happened to me before, i get a pretty bad shocking feel, it happened to me quite a few times
Yes, you are being shocked. It is probably because of faulty circuitry. I'm not the one that knows a lot about this. Funkmaster would be the one to ask, but open up to the bass's electronics and make sure the wires are all going somewhere and they are not broken. This could be serious, as that shock could hit the string, and not be pretty.

A few questions: How old is your bass? What is the make? Did you do anything to the electronics? Active/passive pickups? Did you ever do anything to the pickups? and anything else you think could help.

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
A few questions: How old is your bass? not even a year What is the make? olp mm2 Did you do anything to the electronics? no Active/passive pickups? Active i think Did you ever do anything to the pickups? no
Quote by Jonny182
A few questions: How old is your bass? not even a year What is the make? olp mm2 Did you do anything to the electronics? no Active/passive pickups? Active i think Did you ever do anything to the pickups? no

don't think he was asking you.
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
Quote by Gibson06
don't think he was asking you.

i also get shocked to so id thought id answer them
Your ground is probally fu*ked up.
M374L

Quote by happytimeharry
This is why I'm proud to be an American. Keep your free health care. We get free boxes...

Quickstrike of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

Bass Militia's Resident Viking PM jazz_rock_feel
hah, I know almost nothing about my bass. I just started a few months ago and got a cheap Ibanez GSR190 because I'm a beginner. I'll have my dad check into it, and hopefully it won't be anything big. Of course, he's a guitarist, so he's not going to be much help... not because he's stupid... but because he's a guitarist... lol jk. *Hopes guitarists doesn't hit her*

Edit: Oh, and the only times I've noticed it is after I changed it's strings. But I have no idea if that has anything to do with it. Also, my room is carpeted.

And the only thing I know about my pickups is... they're black... and are super sexy on my red bass. lol. And I've never done anything to the electronics, but I bought my bass used.
Last edited by pftyeaiplaybass at Jul 6, 2006,
Ok, I think I'm going to stop using my amp for a while, until I get this checked out. But I'm still playing my bass
Your lucky you have passive electronics ;D

Have fun!!! Those cheaper basses can be bitches... if there is something wrong, I suggest taking it to your local guitar store and have them take a look at it and fix it. You don't want to mess up your bass.

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
Theres an electric fence outside my window, and it F***s up the grounding of everyhting in my house, so if you touch the bridge and the pickups, you get fried.

wear electical gloves if you cant fix it.
Member of UG's Keyboardists club. PM 4string-tsurigi to join.

Jimbo Wallace of the Godlike, Archaic, But Sexy Instrument Players. PM me to join.
Quote by metalstillsucks
Theres an electric fence outside my window, and it F***s up the grounding of everyhting in my house, so if you touch the bridge and the pickups, you get fried.

wear electical gloves if you cant fix it.

where on earth do you live? alcatraaz?
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2