Page 1 of 2
wats the longest song that you can listen to all the way through and not lose your intrest in any part. For me its definetly A change of seasons by DT its almost 24 minute long.
shine on you crazy diamond by pink floyd... all parts. comming in at around 42 mins
Quote by blankcd
NOFX - The Decline. about 18:22

damn straight NOFX is bitchin i get to see them at warped in vancouver
umm...i would have to say trashed and scattered by avenged sevenfold, its not to long but its like 6 or 7 minutes long
echoes- pink floyd- 23 minutes
in a gadded da vida- iron butterfly- 17 minutes
or freebird(live)- lynyrd skynyrd- 14 minutes
A Change of Seasons/Octavarium - Dream Theater

Dante's Inferno - Iced Earth

... Those come to mind, amongst some other decent length Metallica songs.
SUPER BOWL XLVIII
D E N V E R B R O N C O S vs. S E A T T L E S E A H A W K S
Pretty much all 70's prog rock concept albums, Tubular Bells I, II, and 2003 by Mike Oldfield, classical suites, ...

Length doesn't matter.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Quote by gregorisgod
Jethro Tull - Thick as a Brick - 43:28

Great song.

Edit - As he said above - Length does not matter. *goes off to record 45 minute prog rock song*

I salute thee, Thick As A Brick is awesome.

Jethro Tull is awesome...
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Click.
Quote by Resiliance
I salute thee, Thick As A Brick is awesome.

Jethro Tull is awesome...

I agree with thee.

Another one - Jethro Tull - A Passion Play - 44:58

Seeing a pattern?=P
Quote by gregorisgod
I agree with thee.

Another one - Jethro Tull - A Passion Play - 44:58

Seeing a pattern?=P

Minstrel In The Gallery, anyone?

Click.
Quote by Resiliance
Minstrel In The Gallery, anyone?

Shit man, no doubt.

Anything with a bit of flute in it will do me.

Thick as a Brick still stands as my favourite though. "Really don't mind if you sit this one out." *whistles the flute riff everyone knows*

"The flute IS a heavy metal instrument."
Last edited by gregorisgod at Jul 7, 2006,
Teh whistler!

Click.
Quote by pullmeunder
2112 by Rush

Coincidentally, that's one of the best songs ever. I freaking love that album. Good call.
Quote by gregorisgod

Why isn't there a Jethro Tull "fan club" on UG? There's one for every other fucking genre/band/etc.

No band I'm a fan of has its own club on UG... But that's okay...

If you need a fanclub to be a fan you're not a fan

Click.
Quote by Resiliance
No band I'm a fan of has its own club on UG... But that's okay...

If you need a fanclub to be a fan you're not a fan

There's probably a fan club for a couple of bands I like (a bit of everything) but I don't believe in joining.

A Jethro Tull club would maybe persuade more people to listen to the grandness...

But you're right.
I could just ban anyone who doesn't...

Click.
Quote by Resiliance
I could just ban anyone who doesn't...

Haha, excellent plan.

God clearly made his decisions based on Jethro Tull.

And I like how this began as another "longest song" thread and is now just a conversation about how Jethro Tull owns.
Minstrel Boy - Joe Strummer & the Mescaleros
Concierto de Aranjuez - Miles Davis
Third Eye - Tool
Marquee Moon - Television
Quote by pullmeunder
2112 by Rush

21:13 by Coheed, 9:45 .

And yeah, the name was a homage to Rush.

Actually, it might be Cygnus, Vismund Cygnus by The Mars Volta. It's around 12:00, but I'm not sure how much of that is ambient noise...
something corporate - konstantine 9:35
Quote by Lukeisonfire
well your cool you have a taste in music but anyone else....

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM blues_rocker or greendayguitar to join.
Member number 5 of THE OFFICIAL UG TRANSFORMERS CLUB
Jazz
p.m. D. Rice to get number/ranking
...........and justice for all by Metallica
Quote by I-AM-NOT-GOD
what is 'having your carrot skinned'? surely it must be painful, having your penis flayed?

'I love you so much it makes me sick'

Wanna listen to some chilled out, slightly depressing acoustic music?? --------> www.myspace.com/theriftplasticband
Which is longer, Freebird or November Rain, I think their both around 9 or 10 minutes. Can't really be bothered with much longer than that.
Quote by guywithguitar

Actually, it might be Cygnus, Vismund Cygnus by The Mars Volta. It's around 12:00, but I'm not sure how much of that is ambient noise...

Is that Cygus song an homage to Rush as well? Because Cygnus X1 happens to be one of Rush's best songs, and it clocks in somewhere over the ten minute mark.
It's just weirdly coincidental that you started off listing a Rush reference, and then the next song you listed was as well.
Quote by guywithguitar

Actually it isn't a Rush thing. Claudio said he had never heard the song 2112 when he put out that album, he only started listening to them afterwards because of so many people telling him that he sounded liek Geddy Lee.

ajnd on topic,
another one that holds my interest is, if you want to count it as one song, 6 Degrees of Inner Turblence by Dream Theater

Gear
Gibson Explorer
Epi Les Paul Standard

Amp
B-52 AT-100 Half stack.

Page 1 of 2