hey i was wondering what the difference was with and without pickup cover whether or not there is a tone difference
Before anyone continues and says there is a more raw sound with the cover off, this is not true at all. If it seems so, then its just the placebo effect. Current pickup covers are made of Zinc and Nickel plated, which will not have any tonal effects on the pickup. Back in the earlier guitar days covers were sheet metal and did effect tone, thats why some artists like jimmy page and such took em off.

But modern guitars will not have sheet metal covers, so no affect on tone.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Heh, unless you are fortunate enough to source some old humbuckers, then no, like Funky P said, theres no difference in modern pickups.
Quote by Vornik
Wow you just made us all look retarded for not suggesting that...

Quote by Doppleganger
Dude,

I can use Google.
Quote by casualty01
13 yr olds should not attempt to make "points". Especially with their heads firmly lodged up their fucking ass.
pretty sure they're not, its cheaper to use zinc and just about everybody will make it from that.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Quote by Funky P
pretty sure they're not, its cheaper to use zinc and just about everybody will make it from that.

figures. companies always find a way to make **** cheaper. but if you really wanted them you could probally just make them if you knew how.