K, well today i went for my guitar lesson, and it turns out that my teacher didnt make it in today so they just said this new teacher could teach me today (and thankgod only today) ...so my lesson is 18$ per 30 min. So , the last few lessons my teacher has shown me the song 'the ocean' and what he does is, he listens to the song then figures out how to play the riff ...so he showed me the intro/chorus, the verse riff and the 1st solo, the rhythm of behing the 2nd solo and the little bridge riff after the 2nd solo....in 2 lessons...so this new guy i had for today shows me ONLY the first 5 seconds of the 2nd solo in the song....which is like 2 really really small riffs...should i complain and ask for my next lesson to be free ?

ALSO right now on my local radio station is MANDITORY METALLICA ON THE WRIF!!!!!
They play metallica only for a while ....right now its ...and justice for all...
If I were you I would talk to the owner and tell him/her that if you're paying $18 for a half hour lesson (big rip off in my opinion) then you had better be getting a high quality lesson, with a consistantly good teacher. Don't feel that they can take advantage of you becuase they are "adults". This is basically fraud, but nicely dressed up, and probably just a one time thing that happened by accident.

Just don't let it slip by unnoticed is what I'm saying I guess And if your regular teacher isn't there in the future, just say you don't want your lesson this week then.
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour
To zero, the radio station is 101.1 the wrif located in Detroit...i don't live in detroit thought, i live in a town called LaSalle in Canada...just outside of Windsor
Oh, well the one near me is 97.9 in Baltimore (Maryland). So make sure to listen to them if you ever stop by! The 101.1 here is also a rock station, but they don't do Mandatory Metallica.
I know the WRIF... I used to live in Michigan. Alas, now I live in Indiana... where X103 has Mandatory Metallica, hahaha.
Shine on diamond eyes.
haha, thats sweet man.
Yeah but 106.7 ( The drive ) played a lot of classic rock ...but changed to country music.
And the Wrif, is slowly changing to modern rock/nu-metal ...but still plays the 80s metal
i quit lessons because mine were 22 dollars an hour.... And the teacher wasn't great... but i found UG so now I'm good! A station (100.9) does manditory metallica near me... And another station (99.5) does "Break out the led"
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
Laaa laaa lalala la laaaa lalalalalalalalaaaaaaa...

Ahem! Sorry, but The Ocean's a damn good song! It's sweet that your regular teacher teaches you stuff like that.
And I suppose there'd be no harm in trying to get some money back for the lesson. Sounds to me like a valid half-off situation, if not, like you were planning, free. Just try not to sound too pissed; just explain what the new teacher did and why you think you deserve some sort of discount. If you do it nicely enough, you should be able to reap some benefits off it.
Good luck on the song, too!
Quote by Gibson06
i quit lessons because mine were 22 dollars an hour.... And the teacher wasn't great... but i found UG so now I'm good! A station (100.9) does manditory metallica near me... And another station (99.5) does "Break out the led"

Way better than our 99.5. They do the freakin rap stuff.
Yeah i think at my next lesson i'll ask the owner for my next lesson to be free...but yeah thanks for the advice i guess lol . Yeah, i guess i got lucky with my regular teacher since hes into all the same music i like so hes really into showing me techniques the guitarist uses and exercises to help me get better at certain stuff
93.3 The Bone here in Dallas has Manditory Metallica as well.

And yea, that sucks. Just go to your regular guitar teacher, tell him how much of that solo you want done by the end of the lesson to make up for it cuz some moron teacher ripped you off. As a general, make it manditory that you let your teacher know exactly what you want all the time.
Run!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Simply, the world was too small for a man of his ambition.
Quote by ifeastonbums
GuitarSymphony you are my hero!
You guys gotta listen to 95.5 KLOS. Rockin' LA since 1969. Freakin' awesome classic rock station.
Hey, I know the WRIF, I live in Michigan. Didn't know they did Mandatory Metallica. I listen to 93.3 Z-Rock, not the one whoever up there ^^ has, which does Mandatory Metallica and Nightly Nirvana.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Any of you guys get House of Hair with Dee Snider? Hilarious! Dee Snider's gotta be the funniest radio personality I've ever heard... he rips on hair metal and then just cranks it up. I love that show. Especially how he'll get ready to play something by Twisted Sister and he'll introduce it with something like "And now it's time for a song by the most ass-kicking band in the world...". Oh man. That guy's a freaking genius.
that would make me mad. My teacher has never cancelled on me, but if he does i'd hope he would let me know first.

PS Mandatory metallica is on 104.7 WTUE for me
i dont know if i would ask for money back, just explain to your teacher that the last lesson didnt go as well as you would have liked. tell him that you had expected to learn more and would rather work with him, so next time you would rather reschedual than have another teacher for the day. this shows him two things. one, that you like his teaching style and like learning from him. and two, that you didnt like the other guys teaching and have to curtesy to be polite about complaining.

and on the radio station thing, im in MD and i would rather listen to DC 101 than 98 rock most of the time, mostly because i like the DJs on 101 better. 94.7, 106.7, and 100.3 are all classic rock stations too, so i basicly love my cars radio.
Quote by Spamwise
that would make me mad. My teacher has never cancelled on me, but if he does i'd hope he would let me know first.

Mine did once. Only it was worse. I got to the shop (and my lessons are the very last of the day), and he already left! The owner was calling his cell and his home phone, and he wouldn't pick up! We waited to see if he'd come back, but after about fifteen minutes, the owner just told me that I'd be getting a free lesson. I wasn't as mad as the owner appeared to be, but it was still kind of a waste of a Friday night.
Quote by GuitarSymphony
93.3 The Bone here in Dallas has Manditory Metallica as well.

And yea, that sucks. Just go to your regular guitar teacher, tell him how much of that solo you want done by the end of the lesson to make up for it cuz some moron teacher ripped you off. As a general, make it manditory that you let your teacher know exactly what you want all the time.

In SF, we have 107.7 The Bone

Anyway, just explain to your teacher how you were disappointed with your previous lesson. I'm not sure if you should ask for a free lesson, but maybe he could teach you something new and different to make up for it?
Quote by kirbyrocknroll
Anyway, just explain to your teacher how you were disappointed with your previous lesson. I'm not sure if you should ask for a free lesson, but maybe he could teach you something new and different to make up for it?

Yeah, have him teach you the entire Houses of the Holy album!
Lazer 103 (actually 102.9) in Milwaukee used to have Mandatory Metallica at least twice a day if I remember and then some ****heads took over Lazer103 called "The Hog" and now all they play is damn 80's **** for all the 30-something-year-olds. I miss Lazer.