Does the distance between the pickups and the strings change to sound of the guitar at all? I'd try it and figure it out but I'm currently out of strings.
Member #5 of the Official Conan O'Brien Club; PM Tom Trendy to join
volume
on a topic of how you would like to be buried...

Quote by Jacob6293
in a coffin, underground, next to my wife.

Quote by tylerishot
Me too. But only if she's alive.

Dont get too close though. My friend has his too close to his pickups and his distortion sounds terrible.
the distance effects the clarity of the sound of each pickup, as well as makes each one stronger/weaker. also the side of the pickup that is closest (treble or bass) will make those frequencies more pronounced.
The Gear:

Custom Strat
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace
Fulltone OCD
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
MXR EVH-117 Flanger
Fulltone Soul Bender
experiment. I have a HSS setup and i have my top S the highest, the middle down at the same size of the pickguard, and my humbucker up high. Just mess with it untilly ou find something that you like.
i also have a problem...i play with metal settings..and need the pickup height to agree with it...i think it sounds good, but i havent heard anything else you know?

ok well...i have a string through body, and sometimes my strings actually hit the bridge pup if i rest my hand on the strings...to high?
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
yes lower them a bit, to set mine i just keep on playing while lowering them like a half spin of the screw and such untill it sounds perfect
Quote by BlinkrOck!
volume

Do you mean output, because they are essentially different things if want to be actually correct.