ive been looking into getting a new guitar soon as of right now i have a strat and i was at the music shop playing this jackson and i noticed how different the neck felt it was more flat than others ive played, does having this kinda neck give any kinda advantage over playing, ive heard that you can play smoother but i dont know.
shredders like flat necks because its faster to fret or play or something. its all preference.
The Gear:

Custom Strat
Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace
Fulltone OCD
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
MXR EVH-117 Flanger
Fulltone Soul Bender
Better for faster playing.

Ibanez is the way to go if your looking for a flatneck.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
yeah i didnt rly get to sit down and play it and get used to it but im looking for a guitar for shredding and i found this jackson tht wasnt too expensive at $500 so i was looking into tht can u recommend a relatively cheap ibanez?
oh yeah also has to have a floyd rose bridge
Ibanez RG321MH.... 270-299$ depending where at.

Best guitar at its price.... Hell its as good as 500-600$ guitars...

24 fret Wizard 2 neck, string thru, MAHOGONY body......

EDIT, well if it has to have a floyd rose, then dont get that jackson. ****ty trem..... Get an Ibanez rg1570, its about 200 bucks more than that jackson...
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
parkers are too expensive...jacksons are cool. esps are too.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
well i had all intentions of gettin a jackson but since i heard tht the floyds on jacksons are sucky im having second thoughts....
um idk the name of the jackson model... ill have to look that one up but i know its in the 300-500 dollar price range
Go for an Ibanes s series guitar, they only have 22 frets, but they have the newer ZR tremlo.
My gear:
OLP John Petrucci Sig.
Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Mesa/Boogie .50 Caliber+ 112
alright im goin with the s470 then cheap and look like its a great value anyone know if the pickups are any good?
just because a neck is thinner doesnt necessarily mean it will be faster for you. if you like thing necks and think they feel good then go with one, but if you prefer the feel of a thicker neck then go with the thicker one. it wont impede your playing at all
Go get your shovel.
Peavey necks, as on guitars like the Tracer, are an awesome slim shape too. Really well sculpted.
Flat fretboard radius makes it easier to bend. Guitars with rounder radii have more of a chance of "bottoming out." It's also easier to make a guitar with a flatter radius low action.
Hi, I'm Peter