When I am playing for a about 15-20 minutes or so, I start having pains in my arm, right on my bicep muscle, it happens worse when I am playing my explorer. I sit down when I play also, is it because of the way I am picking?
Guitar:
ESP LTD EC-1000 STBC

Bass:
Fender MIA Black/Maple Jazz 4 String
Ampeg B-40 4x10 Cab
Ampeg SVT3 Pro
there are some lessons about this, but it sounds to me like youre just tensing up...when you feel the pain, just try and loosen up when youre playing. sounds easy but it can be hard because you just run on autopilot once you learn something.

also stretching your arms, wrists, and hands is always a good idea before playing.

cant really say if its your picking since i dont know how youre doing it, just try to keep your hand free of the guitar body, not resting it on the body can relieve some tension/pressure on your arm.
Fender American Strat --> Vox Crybaby --> Keeley Rat --> Marshall AVT 100
Maybe yout arm is tensing ?

that or you could be playing with your elbow instead of moving your wrist to pick
^^right, you should be using mainly your wrist to strum/pick. i only strum from my elbow when i play my acoustic sitting...
One more thing, if your holdin your shoulders up, it tenses the arm a lot. Drop your shoulders, and play. Much easier.
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
well when I play my G&L, I usually let my arm lightly rest on the body, but playing my explorer, I have no where to rest my arm, and it tenses up and hurts after a while. So I should try to pick with my wrist and let my elbows drop? Also when I am playing I kind of hold my guitar against my stomach with my hands because I feel like if I didn't, the guitar would fall foward.
Guitar:
ESP LTD EC-1000 STBC

Bass:
Ampeg B-40 4x10 Cab
Ampeg SVT3 Pro
Dont hold the guitar against yourself, thats definitly making you feel tense. Why sit with an explorer anyway, stand up, practice that way!
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
well I don't have any strap locks and I am kind of worried about that, plus it's a little easier for me to practice while I am sitting also.
Guitar:
ESP LTD EC-1000 STBC

Bass:
Ampeg B-40 4x10 Cab
Ampeg SVT3 Pro
da**it! I can't find a sweet spot with this thing man! It's not really a pain, it's like a burning sensation I guess, it only feels better when I rest my arm on my leg. It kind of helps when I bring the neck up some, but then it feels like the guitar is going to slide off my leg. Anyone else with an Explorer have this problem? I dunno, I guess I will figure it out on my own.
Guitar:
ESP LTD EC-1000 STBC

Bass:
Ampeg B-40 4x10 Cab
Ampeg SVT3 Pro
The only thing I can think of is your strumming pattern as Slash_metal pointed out earlier on. That's all I can think of, so get a decent strap and practice standing up. That always helps me a lot and I prefer to practice that way now.

Burning sensation??? Sounds like the first stages of cramp to me.
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
you may be moving your elbow instead of you wrist to pick or your just squeezing the pick to hard. or a combination of both
It's just with my explorer though, I don't really have this problem with my G&L, I've tried different positions, except for standing up, which I perfer to sit down when practicing because I am still learning. Maybe the Explorer isn't for me, but man I love the way it sounds/looks/plays!
Guitar:
ESP LTD EC-1000 STBC

Bass:
Ampeg B-40 4x10 Cab
Ampeg SVT3 Pro