lately ive noticed tht my whammy bar is really loose in the hole that it screws into, and it doesnt tighten up anymore to where u cant tighten it anymore it just keeps spinning i think i like stripped the inside of it is thier some solution to this problem?
Get a new bridge? And next time maybe don't tighten your whammy bar up so tightly, when I use one (rarely to never) I like it to dangle down unless I'm holding it, you know - something farmiliar

I can't think of any way to just fix it other than that.
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour
well i know and i normally keep mine loose but i dont keep it tight im just saying like normally u can only tighten it to a certain extent without it straining and now it doesnt get tht tight it just stays the same. now i can almost just pull the bar right out without having to spin it around to get it out... and i dont think replacing a bridge is too easy
Try out a different whammy bar and if that is the problem, then just buy a new one. They are about 5 bucks. If not, then just replace the bridge. If you have a Strat style bridge, it shouldn't be too hard. But if it is a Floyd Rose, then it would be harder since your bridge might not be a direct swap with an OFR or LFR, that would require routing.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
Heres a quote from warmoth on a strat bridge

http://www.warmoth.com/hardware/bridges/bridges.cfm?fuseaction=vintage_strat_fixed

It will cost more if you have someone replace it for you.

I also have a strat. A friend who's been playing for about 35 years, and also an avid strat and van halen fan, told me I probably shouldn't use a whammy bar on a regular strat bridge. He explained that when you push on it you either forced the metal bridge to bend or pushes it so it pushes into the guitar body. He said they weren't really designed for whammy bar use and told me its not very good for it. It makes sense to me, and considering how much my strat is worth to me and how little I use a whammy bar, I just don't use one unless its in a locking trem system. Can anyone clarify this idea?
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour
Last edited by iain4444 at Jul 6, 2006,
It's meant to point down because if you are strumming or playing aggressively without the need of the bar yet, you won't hit the bar, you grab it when you need to.
yeh, i like mine loose. if its a strat trem you could just keep tightening it but dont go to far you could do major damage
You probably stripped it. I don't know what to tell you.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
if u stripped the bar. then pick up a new bar like said.

if the threads in the nut are stripped, ur running the risk that ull put a bar in there, and itll get stuck in there.

so try to get another bar that fits or...

if its a cheap copy and i knew i wanted a bar in there always, i would wrap, a thin layer of tape (usually i say plumbers tape) but any tape i guess.
i would screw it in until its tight, and leave it there. if u try to remove it it could get stuck.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011