Ok, so I'm finally buying an acoustic guitar. prise the lord.

And i'm sure you see this thread all the time.

I have 300-500$ and am looking for a thinner acoustic-electric. It has to be comfortable to play (i hate wide acoustics), and with a LP cutoff. If it matters, i play a lot of classic and garage rock and i make a lot of acoustic covers from other songs.

I need a few durable guitars, which i will go to guitar center and look at to see how i like playing them.
Ibanez exotic wood series.
You can get one with Bband electronics that sound kickass, and a cutaway with a really cool figure that sounds good to me.
The quilted ash one sounds really punchy with lots of bass unplugged and like a standard piezo plugged into a PA.
I highly recommend it.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
nothing is coming up for ibanez exotic wood, is there another name for it?

I tried and liked this. is it a peice of crap or is it decent?

also, will plugging the acoustic through an amp for my electric break the amp, or will it just sound crappy?
Last edited by Bmm386 at Jul 7, 2006,
DO NOT buy an Ibanez acoustic. You can get much better quality guitars for cheaper with other companies. My advice? Check out the best guitar for under $300 sticky. You can get most of those with electronics for under $500. If your stuck on getting a thinbody guitar, I would look at the Washburn Festival series. I've owned the EA20SDL and it was an awesome guitar in that category. It also has the B-Band preamp, but it has a solid spruce top and quilted maple back and sides.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
I wouldn't buy an Epiphone acoustic either. Had you looked at the thread I told you about, you would have seen Alvarez, Yamaha, Art and Lutherie , and a Takamine. Those are the brands that I would recommend to you in that price range. You pay for the name when you purchase acoustic guitars such as Epiphone, Fender, and Ibanez.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
^

Because you are wanting something thin and durable you might want to look into ovation too. I hate ovation guitars but they do a good job making the guitar they want to make and the people that do like ovation REALY like ovations so they are worth a look.
Not taking any online orders.