my band is doing a cover of walk so i need to learn the solo. I dont love the solo but i'd like to play it right. I'm just having some trouble with the first part. The rest i'm fine with.
----------------------------------12-----------------------------------12---------------------------------
-12---12----------------------------15p12-----------------------------15p12-------------------------
----15---15p14p12h14h15--------------15p14p12h14h15---------------15p14p12h14h15--
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the moment i just use my 1st, 2nd and 3rd fingers. I was wondering if it would be better to use all four fingers. Say would planting my 1st finger across the 12 fret on the first 3 strings (when i get to the 12 on the 1st string) be the best way? I dont use my pinky much in the higher frets, is this a bad thing? I've tried looking at videos to see how dimebag does it but i cant see.
Well if you can't do it with 3 fingers then you probably need 4.
Go with 3 fingers. Make your ring finger stretch for the 15's. It will greatly help you to stretch your hand out, and not get as tangled up
Quote by YYZ
Well if you can't do it with 3 fingers then you probably need 4.

i can do it with 3 fingers a lot better then 4. Its just i thought it was a bad habit to get into, and my pinky will eventually get weak or something. but yeh i guess ill just use 3. What do most professionals do?
Look at satch, he uses 3 fingers and he will rather bend the string that use his pinky. But you shouldnt neglect your pinky too much, you need it for chords, anyway
Use all 4 fingers if you like, but using 3 won't hurt either just practise stretching the third and play it as slow as you can with the 3 fingers then build up to dime speed
Quote by Klayy
Look at satch, he uses 3 fingers and he will rather bend the string that use his pinky. But you shouldnt neglect your pinky too much, you need it for chords, anyway

When was Satch playing Pantera songs? lol sorry I'm ah...retarded
Gear:

Crafter FX550 EQL
Ibanez SA260FML

THD Univalve
Framus FR-212 Cab (Celestion Vintage 30's)

Dunlop Crybaby

Started playing May 28th 2005
i know I was joking
Gear:

Crafter FX550 EQL
Ibanez SA260FML

THD Univalve
Framus FR-212 Cab (Celestion Vintage 30's)

Dunlop Crybaby

Started playing May 28th 2005
This one gave me a little trouble, I see your playing the song in standard d, this should be fine

I only used 3 fingers. what i see wrong up there is there arent any hammerons just alternate pick the notes, trust me, work up speed with a metranome, and one really helpful thing to do is pull of the last few notes before the bend

Trust me on acctually picking the notes though, use the tip of your pick and practice doing it smoothly