Page 1 of 2
Do they have a website ??
I heard they cost up to 30 grand !!!

What does Santana use them fo ?? Clean OD ??

I heard Jade Puget uses them ?? But why can't I hear Santana's tone from AFIs newest album ??

Do they have an ultra hi-gain model ??

Are they that good ??
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
never heard of it. do you have any URLs for a sample sound, id like to hear it cuz im kinda curious now
....../ `---____________|] ~~~bang!
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_____.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
That's why I;m asking fo help

Keep the faith, baby!!
There's no website. You'll probably never find clips. You'd have to sell your soul as well as most of your posessions to just play one. I'm guessing they're not worth it, but I don't have 30 grand anyway so I can't really say.
Soul ?? You gotta be nutz !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
^Keep in mind that there are very, very few of these amps around, and it seems that Mr. Dumble either doesn't make amps for anyone anymore or so few (1-2 a year) that it doesn't affect demand. Santana can't even get his hands on one- the stories I've heard suggest that he calls up people who have them and makes offers. The 30,000 you mentioned is about right. Scary.
Check wikipedia.... most of the people owning aren't even guitarists at all..... some of them are corporate giant owners !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
I've read a couple stories that unless you are a star, Mr. Dumble treats you like complete ****. I've heard this one guy bought a 12grand amp, and it took over a year to have the amp made; Whenever the guy called Mr. Dumble, Mr. Dumble said to "stop hassling me, if you call any more I'll keep the down-payment and not make the amp." (Which is either 80% or 100% BEFORE he makes the amp)
primusfan
It's better with no teeth, trust me. Much fewer scars on my penis now that I've switched from seniors in high school to senior citizens.
At that price, people just own them for the exclusivity more than anything else. That's just what the ridiculously wealthy do. It's like when I started working at my current job, I received a catalog from Tiffany & Co. (the average partner at my firm makes $2.5 million a year). This thing includes such items as: Thumbprint (style) 12" tray in sterling silver, $1,225; cocktail shaker in sterling silver, $1,150; classic bottle stopper in sterling silver, $135. Yep, $135 for a CORK.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
At that price, people just own them for the exclusivity more than anything else. That's just what the ridiculously wealthy do. It's like when I started working at my current job, I received a catalog from Tiffany & Co. (the average partner at my firm makes $2.5 million a year). This thing includes such items as: Thumbprint (style) 12" tray in sterling silver, $1,225; cocktail shaker in sterling silver, $1,150; classic bottle stopper in sterling silver, $135. Yep, $135 for a CORK.

i could do with a new cocktail shaker. your shouting right...
THese are Teh REAl bOUtiqe3 ampZoRZ !!!

Keep the faith, baby!!
Quote by bluespunkmetal
Check wikipedia.... most of the people owning aren't even guitarists at all..... some of them are corporate giant owners !!

Its like the Stradivarius of guitar amplifiers

in 250 years we'll be seeing them in musuems, being sold for $3 million a peice and only being played be the worlds best virtuosos for rare performances
Dumble...... they're so cool..... yet they're named so dumb !!

Keep the faith, baby!!
Quote by bluespunkmetal
Dumble...... they're so cool..... yet they're named so dumb !!

its the guy's surname, just like Fender and Marshall
How about Fuchs ??

Keep the faith, baby!!
Kenny Wayne Shepherd uses them, pudget uses mesa, not dumble, SRV used them had two, theyre not all mad expensive they range depending on model, ive seen one up close and heard them live, not what your expecting but a good exaple of there sound is in the solo to the sky is cryin by srv, everything is broken solo by KWS, keep in mind thses players are using tube screamers as well, also they are using reverb units as dumbles have none and thay use strats...
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
Read the August issue of Guitar World.....

Puget uses Dumbles for a 4th layer guitar !!!

Keep the faith, baby!!
you cant even hear the 4th layer guitar. its quiet and only really fills the gaps in the sound.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
Yeah, Iknow, but don't tell me you don't love their sound, mr.help-my-DSL-is-dying !!!!

Keep the faith, baby!!
If the owner is really as much of a prick as he is reputed to be, I wouldn't want one. I don't care how good they sound, I'd rather get an amp from someone who values their customers
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Deal with a prick for one year, end up with a godly amp for the rest of your life.

That's how I see it.
Good point, but I'm incredibly Impatient, so I'd rather get an amazing amp (That didn't cost $30k) without waiting a year that I would probably like just as much
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Good point..... That's why most owners are actually old or settled musicians and old corporate leaders...............

I mean, you wouldn't wanna miss a record contract just because some prick is still making your amp, would you ??

Keep the faith, baby!!
well if you're at that level, Ken Fischer isn't such a prick - he takes the orders he can and he builds the amp...in sequence...

and Fuchs make nice amps - the train 45 is a great stab at the Trainwreck tone, and the overdrive supreme sounds very nice for most the tones (if you can fiddle good) - not to say it can't get good tones on the fly
-Mike
Any sound clips for these amps, hope ??

Keep the faith, baby!!
i dont really think the Trainwreck sounds so good..it sounds like a fender deville to me.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
fuchs and two rock are affordable dumble clones...you can go to the two-rock forum for clips.

John Mayer has 3 dumbles
dumbles are godly, and yes mr. SRV used them, asndlasd i kill for one
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

They do sound great, but not worth thirty grand. Heck, Cornford are better and cost alot less.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
Apparently Howie will only sell you an amp if you pass his "guitar playing test", the word on the street is that he refused to sell one to Brett Garsed..

Of course you can get these on the used market for ridiculous prices but as Cmogi said, go for a fuchs or something. Unless of course you've got money to waste (all the parts used in dumbles are off the shelf components, no foil-in-oil audiophile caps etc. that would warrant a price tag like that.)

And for what it's worth I wouldn't associate the Santana tone with a Dumble tbh, he usually runs it in conjunction with a Mark I. I'd say Larry Carlton has THE Dumble tone. (But of course each Dumble is tuned to the specific player by Howard so no 2 are the same.)

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
Quote by power freak
Apparently Howie will only sell you an amp if you pass his "guitar playing test", the word on the street is that he refused to sell one to Brett Garsed..

That's like having a basketball playing test and failing Micheal Jordan.

Seriously, my opinion of Howie just dropped alot.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
i'd rather play a Dunble (yes, duNble), but yeah Fuchs instead of Trainwreck or Two Rock instead of Dumble does fine...for a lot less

but Trainwrecks play like nothing other, you need to be a very clean player to get away with it though (VERY responsive)
-Mike
Yeah got the Fuchs samples........ they are gorgeous !!!

Can't imagine how a Dumble will sound though !!!

KWS uses Fuchs, Paul Reed Smith uses them too !!!

Keep the faith, baby!!
you probably wouldn't see much different - Fuchs aren't Dumble clones though, they take influence from Trainwreck (notice the Train 45 amp)

I don't even think about Trainwreck or Dumble, even if the tone is amazing I look right past it to something down to earth
-Mike
Page 1 of 2