I'm looking into buying an ESP guitar but I don't have a very large budget (about $400 Canadian) Does anyone know what the quality is like for their lower end guitars? For example the M-50, Viper-50, EX-50, M-100FM, EX-260, etc.
Second, I switch from standard tuning to drop D often, would it be a bad idea to get a guitar with Floyd Rose?
Thanks.
having a floyd rose will get in the way of drop tuning, what i would do is go for the viper
did you look at the H-100, they seem like a decent guitar.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Tuning with a tremolo bridge is a bitch. If youre switching tunings alot you should either get 2 guitars or get one with a stop bar. I saw an m-100fm at sam ash and it seemed pretty stable, just go to a guitar center or sam ash and try them out before you buy.
Quote by Reesh
Tuning with a tremolo bridge is a bitch. If youre switching tunings alot you should either get 2 guitars or get one with a stop bar. I saw an m-100fm at sam ash and it seemed pretty stable, just go to a guitar center or sam ash and try them out before you buy.

What's a stop bar? Just the tremelo bar without the tuning system?
Also, I think the M-100FM has a Floyd Rose.
Quote by GHOSTS

No a stop bar tailpiece is the kind of bridge a Gibson has.
if you really want a floyd rose why not buy a d-tuna Evh invented it it will drop your E to a D and be in perfect tune if set up correctly
Cmstar90: i have too lisen to a song for hours just to figure out of one part it sound and how to move my fingers tso that it sounds that way
Cmstar90: when u seem to figure it out in seconds
Quote by wylde_overdrive
No a stop bar tailpiece is the kind of bridge a Gibson has.

Oh okay.
The lower ends are made out of agathis, which isnt the best wood, you'd want to at least get an alder or a basswood. Save up for the 400 series above or consider other company.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
I own an EC-50 and think its brilliant! I know everyone has a problem with Agathis (and I admit it does not have the best sustain) but the hardware is great for the price and the action is awesome. Of course saving up would get you a nicer guitar, but for the money I think the ESP's are pretty good value - having said that do look into the Ibanez's in your price range (the RG321 is sweet), since I guess you will be playing mostly metal.

If it is not possible for you to go to a shop and try any of the 50 range then the only real differences are body shape and strap button location. I know I picked the EC ahead of the Viper since I dont like the behind the neck strap buttons like the Viper has.
Quote by GHOSTS

Could always do this. Floyd roses are kinda of pain in the butt but they are cool.
Quote by tryhardslash
and plus you like blink 182 which prooves you are dumb and have no taste in music

you just follow trends

What a tard...
I second the RG321MH option, the low end ESP's are made of horrible wood (agathis), and are made with lower quality materials, with the RG you get the Wizard II Neck, and Mahogany body. If it's around the same price as it is in the states, ($275), you should have roughly 125-150 dollars to spend on some high quality pups.