I got a link to a site the other day, Ill come back and edit this in a minute to put the link in. Its got a full set of schematics for a dual rectifier.
Im dying for a dual rectifier, I built my own speaker cabinet yesterday, Im getting ready to install the speakers next week. its got 6 celestions.
Im looking to build this to finish out my rig, Ive got a neighbor who's a mechanic, and a basic knowledge of wiring myself.
Is it possible with that?
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
no

I'm saying that because it'd be pretty damn difficult for me. Even if i had all the parts on me, i haven't ever seen a kit for a dual rectifier, so i'd have to setup my own build.

plus, I'm pretty sure armed with only a basic understanding of wiring, http://www.schematicheaven.com/boogieamps/boogie_dualrectifier.pdf will for the most part look like gibberish.

Also, if you've never built an amp before, start simple. Try one of those simple 3 tube amps (1 rect, 1 power, 1 preamp). They're pretty damn simple to build, but you'll learn alot.
Last edited by greenbox at Jul 7, 2006,
ive never dabbled in amp building, and i know next to nothing about wiring, so cant really help you here. you should be careful though, im sure you can kill yourself if youre not careful building a high wattage amp like the dual rec-a lot different from changing pickups or something.
couldn't he has ss recs on it, like what dimebag did, whouldn't ss recs be easyer then tube recs?
Member #5 of the UG Luthier's club.
member #3 of the vermont cult
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join"

Quote by LightningRider
T Heff, No shit I'm a n00b

Quote by Will_Minus

EDIT: t heff wins the for the best response.

Quote by carousel182
i im gonna have to agree with t heff
Quote by flogrock
ive never dabbled in amp building, and i know next to nothing about wiring, so cant really help you here. you should be careful though, im sure you can kill yourself if youre not careful building a high wattage amp like the dual rec-a lot different from changing pickups or something.

I don't think you really can kill yourself if you apply common sense and double check all of your wiring. Unless you're one of those people who like building curcits whilst they're plugged in.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
I don't know about killing, but having a capacitor discharge on you can give you one hell of a shock. And they can hold a charge for some time after being powered down.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
The thing is I don't think you'd use used caps when building an amp. It's like when building anything you should use new parts because they are better (apart from wood but i've never seen any wood in an electronic curcit)
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
When you plug in the amp, you need to bias your power tubes, and you should check your bias. It's unavoidable that you'll (at some point, especially with debugging a circuit), that you'll be working with a live circuit.