http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_alexi.html

I see one guitar is like 4 grand and the other is like...2. They have the same specs and everything. same pick ups, same body material, same neck, same fret board, same trem... so my question is...

What The ****?

Gear
Gibson Explorer
Epi Les Paul Standard

Amp
B-52 AT-100 Half stack.

The ESP is handcrafted in Japan, while the LTD is made in Korea.

EDIT: ^Speak english on these boards please.
its listed at 1049.99 in the new samash catalog i got
Cmstar90: i have too lisen to a song for hours just to figure out of one part it sound and how to move my fingers tso that it sounds that way
Cmstar90: when u seem to figure it out in seconds
the ESP is probably one solid piece of wood while the cheaper one is bound causing it to be cheaper for them to make...this limits the sustain of it aand the entire ring of the body...if u want an example think of a fender strat and a squire strat...thats the EXACT difference of those to alexi laiho guitars oh and CHILDREN OF BODOM KICKS ASS!!!!
Squier Stratocaster
B.C. Rich Beast
Conrad 40110 (12-string Acoustic)
15 Watt Squier Amp
12 Watt B.C. Rich Amp
PODxt Live
i think they're both ESP's from what i remember, but one model is custom shop and the other is the same as the ESP standards. All made in japan but just one is custom shop. There might also be a LTD model aswell
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M
Peavey 5150ii w/ Marshall 1960DM cab
Children of Bodom does kick ass. But it says that both of them are neck through...and nothing about how they could be seperate pieces of wood.

Gear
Gibson Explorer
Epi Les Paul Standard

Amp
B-52 AT-100 Half stack.

Quote by conceptne
be 2 do wid how/where dere constructed as onces ESP snd ones LTD (like gib/epiph)

Paint chips are a favorite snack of yours, aren't they?

Topic creator, the cheaper version will have lower grade stuff in it. Even though the big things are the same (body wood, pickup), the other stuff is higher grade on the more expensive model. Along with the wood being higher grade and craftsmanship being custom-shop level.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
I hear what you're saying abotu stuff being of lower quality, but on the site it has the exact same specs...take a look.

Gear
Gibson Explorer
Epi Les Paul Standard

Amp
B-52 AT-100 Half stack.

I made a thread about this same thing before. Anyway, I think its the fact that Esp handmakes there signature guitars and Ltd's dont. And the different tuners.
Quote by imapunkforlife
the ESP is probably one solid piece of wood while the cheaper one is bound causing it to be cheaper for them to make...this limits the sustain of it aand the entire ring of the body...if u want an example think of a fender strat and a squire strat...thats the EXACT difference of those to alexi laiho guitars oh and CHILDREN OF BODOM KICKS ASS!!!!

no - the specs are the same, its just where the wood is sourced from and the factory the guitar is made in. Both are Neck Thru which means that neither guitars are one solid piece of wood but rather 2 pieces of wood, the neck and body glued together and made to look like a Neck-thru (but it's really a set-neck) which is good and bad.

James Hetfield Played an LTD (yes LTD!!!) F-400 at the MTV Icon concert so often LTD quality is really quite up there, it's just the name (yep people pay heaps to see ESP and an ESP serial number on their guitar) and the place it was manufactured (yep people pay heaps to get their guitars manufactured in developed countries, whether or not the standards are drasticly better is another question indeed but both guitars are put through the same inspection process)
i love the LTD one.....the best SIG guitar ive ever played..would i pay 1000+ for it...no

i would never buy an ESP..waste of money...
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Quote by suicidalmoose
no - the specs are the same, its just where the wood is sourced from and the factory the guitar is made in. Both are Neck Thru which means that neither guitars are one solid piece of wood but rather 2 pieces of wood, the neck and body glued together and made to look like a Neck-thru (but it's really a set-neck) which is good and bad.

James Hetfield Played an LTD (yes LTD!!!) F-400 at the MTV Icon concert so often LTD quality is really quite up there, it's just the name (yep people pay heaps to see ESP and an ESP serial number on their guitar) and the place it was manufactured (yep people pay heaps to get their guitars manufactured in developed countries, whether or not the standards are drasticly better is another question indeed but both guitars are put through the same inspection process)

neck thru means..one piece of wood...with fins attached

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
i stand corrected, the info i got from the staff at musicians friend was wrong!! just looked it up on ESP FAQ and yep its one piece of wood with fins or somn#

edit: confused my terms: i meant set thru, it's friday morning and i'm working what do you expect!
Last edited by suicidalmoose at Jul 7, 2006,
lol i just got off work..i still kew you got it wrong..lol

just being the standard UG Dickhead.....lol

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
theyre actually called wings

edit:
Quote by rockstar_jones
i think they're both ESP's from what i remember, but one model is custom shop and the other is the same as the ESP standards. All made in japan but just one is custom shop. There might also be a LTD model aswell

nope the Custom shop models aint allowed in america due to infractions with Jackson over the Randy Rhoads shape.

edit 2:
Quote by Leonheart
I made a thread about this same thing before. Anyway, I think its the fact that Esp handmakes there signature guitars and Ltd's dont. And the different tuners.

almost impossible for fender to handmake each of their guitars thats why their cnc'd pretty much the same as ESP while their custom shop model are hand made i do believe
Last edited by azn_guitarist25 at Jul 7, 2006,
sorry ^ i was speaking from what i learnt about ESP here and how we get alot more variety of ESP's than japan. i should have thought that they're from america or whatever my bad
ESP CUSTOM SHOP HORIZON
FENDER USA STRAT
JACKSON DK2M
Peavey 5150ii w/ Marshall 1960DM cab
Quote by numbfinger
i love the LTD one.....the best SIG guitar ive ever played..would i pay 1000+ for it...no

i would never buy an ESP..waste of money...

ESP owns ur Schecter now in case u dont know, they just operate 2 diff companies ;P
<< ESP LTD Deluxe H-1000 w/EMGs
<< Ibanez RG220b
<< BOSS ME-50 & DS-1
<< Crate MX65R 60 WATTS
<< Ibanez IBZ10G 10 WATTS
<< Dunlop Tortex 88mm
<< KOSS PRO3AA Headphones
Quote by clanehleader
ESP owns ur Schecter now in case u dont know, they just operate 2 diff companies ;P

proof??????
The ESPs that you get in America and are ordered from an American site are hand-made in ESP's shop in California. You can get an import guitar from their Japanese shop somewhere, but I forget the URL. If you guys are wondering where I learned this, go to www.espguitars.com .
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
Well, I accidently stumbled upon the ESP custom shop showroom in Tokyo. There was a huge pile of wood in one corner of the store, so they are probobly handmade. There were some f-ing crazy guitars in that shop, saw one $20,000+ guitar custom made for some japanese guitarist that was basically a angel carved out of a piece of wood for the body. Not just crazy ESP's either, they had about 10 vintage pre 1970 strats in a glass case there too.
Quote by Xenn99
Paint chips are a favorite snack of yours, aren't they?

Topic creator, the cheaper version will have lower grade stuff in it. Even though the big things are the same (body wood, pickup), the other stuff is higher grade on the more expensive model. Along with the wood being higher grade and craftsmanship being custom-shop level.

honestly, the dude you quoted is half right, but the electronics in LTDs seem to suck balls compared to ESPs
Quote by SGStrummer61
The ESPs that you get in America and are ordered from an American site are hand-made in ESP's shop in California. You can get an import guitar from their Japanese shop somewhere, but I forget the URL. If you guys are wondering where I learned this, go to www.espguitars.com .

Quote by ESPs FAQs
Does ESP offer any guitars made in the U.S.?
We have offered some limited production models built in the USA in years past, but currently do not offer any guitars built in the USA

yer.
Quote by clanehleader

Read This

read the 6th Question and Answer
Schecter C-1-XXX - Seymour Duncan Jazz/Invader
Schecter A-1 - EMG 81/81
Schecter S-1 - EMG 81/85
Titan Custom Fernandes Ravelle Style

Peavy G-150
Line 6 Spider II 30

Line 6 Constrictor
Digitech Death Metal Distortion
Dunlop Crybaby
People play LTDs live b/c when they bash them up its no big loss and they are probably free from endorsements. I doubt they record with an LTD probably an ESP or a Les Paul for rythym tracks.