hi guys

i wanted to see some opinions on a yamaha pacifica guitars or any yamaha type becoz i may buy a one, i see all the peaple are talking about gibson, fender, jackson, dean and ibanez guitars mostly and never talks about yamaha guitar so i thought it would be not good so i want some opinions or reviews on it to decide wether to buy or not

thanx in advance
Which model in particular are you looking at?
Last edited by Pete Griffin at Jul 7, 2006,
Some of them are Xtreme CRAP and some that are even cheaper are perfect. I have a Yamaha myself and I love it. I wouldnt look into pacificas, Id rather go for RGX series, My guitar is an RGX420DZ and it pwns big time. It is out of production, so it is hard to get one. But the RGX520 is nice too, although it lacks some features Id like
RGXA2 is a excellent model, you should look into that one.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Pacifica is a very good guitar for beginner-intermediate, modding, experimenting, making you choose whether ur next gear will have a floyd rose or fixed and will give you quite the experience. The RGX is also holds up fine, so far.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
the AES series are also v good lp copies (with a modern twist) so if you like that style look into them, they go hard with that mohogany bodie and neck. worth a look definately for quality for price, unbeatable
hmmmm... i dont know why but when a kid was playing an AES with a seymour duncan bridge it sounded a bit muddy
I bought a Pacifica 012 as my starter just a few weeks ago. Its very nice, especially as guitar, amb, picks, training book, case, strap, lead and dvd came in for £175.
My friend went in to buy a starter kit to join me learning. He tried mine and liked it but didn't want to copy so I suggested the ibanez starter kit. Similar deal (GRX70 I think) for £179. He got lost in the store and bought a slightly more expensive model ibanez, the GRG170DX (£250 with all the kit) if I recall rightly. I have to say it is a significantly nicer guitar in hind site....

That said the I think Pacifica 112 would have also been a nicer guitar than the 012 but I had a £200 budget and very little experience. Once I can play a decent ammount neither the 012 or the 112 would be terrible attractive to me.
any yamahas I've tried have been kick ass. The aes 420 and pacifica (812) are really very nice.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah i agree with pretty much everyone here. the RGXA2 is a pretty damn sweet guitar. it plays nice. it also looks sweet as hell, theres no other guitar like it, plus its only $500, so its not expensive either. if i were going to buy a yamaha, that is definatley what id get. its a pretty sweet guitar, and its very unique.
MusicMan Stingray 4 HH
Modded Fender MIM J-Bass
Fender American Deluxe Ash Strat
Ibanez limited edition walnut EW acoustic #202/250
Fender Bassman 250 2x10 combo
Vox AD50VT
well.. at the end i think i'll try one of the RGX series or aes, thanx for the info guys
Quote by Dave_Mc
any yamahas I've tried have been kick ass. The aes 420 and pacifica (812) are really very nice.

including their nut sizes
^ not necessarily. The 812 is too narrow, and I still say it kicks ass. THAT'S how good it is...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i played the brand new RGX A2....INCREDIBLE!! sooo fcuking light weight and the neck is amazing. light up knobs, too...its realllllly cool.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
dude do NOT get a yamaha pacifica. thats the only guitar i have. you will get so bored with it, especially if your half decent
pacificas are good man, i got a 112 with an aftermarket bridge and some new knobs and its never boring not even after 2 years of having, had an ibanez before that now thats where your talkin boring
the aes series guitars are awsome. ive played two of them and i was pretty amazed at the them. especially considering how lesser known yamaha's are. check out the aes620. you'll like it a lot.

Quote by rnrsoldier1461
dude do NOT get a yamaha pacifica. thats the only guitar i have. you will get so bored with it, especially if your half decent

you probably have an 012, or else you can't play. Either way it's your fault, not the guitar's (unless you have the 012, in which case it's the guitar's).

But don't tar the whole range with the 012 brush.

Pacifica's (the 812 at least) rule.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I tried an Ibanez RG looking one with licensed floyd and the neck was very nice thin like an Ibanez but with a bit more wood to make it C shaped instead of D shaped, shred very well but I didnt like the flat satin finish.
Got an RGX520 this morning for $299 at GC, brand new.

Id have to say its about the baddest sub $500 guitar ive ever bought. Love it!
Anyone ever played that CV820? It looks interesting. Semi Hollow with a Floyd Rose looking trem - any thoughts?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Depending on how long you've played guitar, pacificas might be good. 112 and 120 (a tele model with two humbuckers) are both good especially if you look around. But the higher end ones, 612, 812 are nice
i have a pacifica 112 it's a fantastic guitar for the money imo, however it is currently sitting in a case in the loft cos i have no room for it, it makes me sad but yeah i'm very tempted to pimp it out somewhat in the future.
Quote by slayaplaya

(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)
simply WTF at this thread, its ancient, dont revive it........

sigh...
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
My college rehearsal room has a Pacifica in it for general use. It's the worst guitar I've ever played, bearing in mind that's desperate for a set-up and hasn't had its strings changed for about 2 years (you could grow vegetables on those ****ers, they're so dirty).
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
the importer of yamaha guitars in my country(greece) is lame the most high end yamaha he has is a 350euro so for me yamaha is crap but i have never tryed a high end yamaha but these of the importer shop SUCKS major ass