hey i was just wondering if anyone could post a tab that is like a scale exept like stevie ray vaughan
hahahahahahah

e blues scale

e]-------------------------------------------0--3----
b]----------------------------------0---3-----------
g]------------------------0--2--3----------------------
d]----------------0---2------------------------------
a]--------0-1-2--------------------------------------
e]-0--3----------------------------------------------
Stevie Ray Vaughan uses the blues scales a lot but he also adds some notes to given him that "texas" sound. Try learning his songs and trying to fit some of his licks into the blues scale. Next, see what notes he uses outside of the scale that given him that sound.
Quote by tryhardslash
and plus you like blink 182 which prooves you are dumb and have no taste in music

you just follow trends

What a tard...
Download The Sky is Cryin or Cold Shot in the tabs section and work through those while listening to the songs.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Quote by JaYB06
Stevie Ray Vaughan uses the blues scales a lot but he also adds some notes to given him that "texas" sound. Try learning his songs and trying to fit some of his licks into the blues scale. Next, see what notes he uses outside of the scale that given him that sound.

Yea absolutley he adds in those extra notes that give it that Texas blues touch
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. He really does have a disinct sound, but it is so awesome!
Hello
He only really adds a couple of notes, just have a look at some tabs to figure out which ones. He also does quite alot of ghost notes, sliding from a wrong note into a right one.

If you want to get near the sound of his soloing, you'll have to get some serious muting skills. He does alot of rakes on dead notes into his solo's, which takes some getting used to doing.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
He also does a lot of chordal solos. He plays chords and manipulates the chord to give it a distinct sound. Or at least that's what I've noticed.
Quote by striker327
hey i was just wondering if anyone could post a tab that is like a scale exept like stevie ray vaughan

Awww, if I could quote that and still have my gear I totally would.

Anyway, I think a lot of what he does is the passing tones of chords. Very confusing, and hard for me to explain. He is pretty much using the blues scale though, with the occasional major 3rd, major 7th, or flatted(ummm or natural I forget) 9th.

Just play around on the blues scale, with lots of hammer-ons, and bends.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Anyway, I think a lot of what he does is the passing tones of chords. Very confusing, and hard for me to explain. He is pretty much using the blues scale though, with the occasional major 3rd, major 7th, or flatted(ummm or natural I forget) 9th.

Even stevie wouldnt understand wat ur talking about

Proud member of the Stratocaster Lover's Group
Basically he, like many other blues players, knows how to traverse between the major pentatonic and the blues scale.

Most blues is played with dominant 7th chords, meaning there is a dissonance between the 3rd and the 7th, so you can essentially throw everything over it.
Pretty much improvise out of pentatonic blues w/ like 13's, a huge pick, and a picking hand made of lead.
Stevie used to create amazing dynamics by hitting notes either hard or softly.

He also used strings rakes, palm mutes, the blues scale, prebends.

He used to slide down/up from a note totally out of the scale to spice it up a bit.

He also had an amazing vibrato