ok...like the title says 'how should i train my ear'...i want to hear notes from song
...i want to impress someone by hearing a song once then play it after hearing it...so how should i train my ear??....i'm playing the guitar about 1 year...
that stuff comes with time. And knowing the scale ur in and stuff. Theres no hard and fast rules. Just keep playing and be concious of what ur playing and it should stick. Try transcribing some songs by ear. After 1 year u shouldn't be worrying about that. I could do that stuff after maybe 2 years, but I listen alot more than most people, and knowing your key and scale is so important.
http://www.cyberfret.com/ear-training/index.php
Here is a good play to start. One way of starting would be playing a note and singing its name. Try playing it, then singing it. Trying singing it then playing it. Do this everyday and GRADUALLY start working on different notes.
Quote by tryhardslash
and plus you like blink 182 which prooves you are dumb and have no taste in music

you just follow trends

What a tard...
Quote by aL13
ok...like the title says 'how should i train my ear'...i want to hear notes from song
...i want to impress someone by hearing a song once then play it after hearing it...so how should i train my ear??....i'm playing the guitar about 1 year...

You do realise that this would be very hard to do even for the most experienced musicians? Unless the song is a nursery one like 'Old McDonald', or simmilar. Playing a song perfectly right after hearing it only once is practically impossible. You would have to fiddle and play around a bit with it 'till you get something that sounds correct.

If you want to get good atit the best thing to do is to try and work out songs for yourself. Start with simple nursery songs then move onto harder ones. Also, learn your fretboard and have a good understanding on pitch and intervals. There was a good article on this site about them, look it up.