I just picked up a boss BF-2 flanger off of ebay for 50 bucks and found out it is analog. What is the real difference between the older boss analog effects from the newer digital effects. I'm hopefully getting a tube amp soon and "analog" effects sound like they would fit the bill with a tube amp to get great sound. Also how do you know if you are getting analog and not digital? Oh and the BF-2 sounds great!
Fender Strat
Ibanez 2351 LP Copy
Fender Stage Lead II
Crybaby Wah
Danelectro Fab Tone
Boss MT-2
Boss BF-2
Boss DD-5
Digitech RP100A
Last edited by SDSrt-4 at Jul 7, 2006,
as a very big generalisation, analogue tends to sound a bit more natural, while digital can be a bit more sterile- but you can get features in the digital models (like longer delay times etc.) that you can't get with analogue. All depends what you want, really...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
x2. Completely personal preference. For most people it's a psychosomatic thing and wouldn't be able to tell the difference in a blind test.
Hi, I'm Peter