hey all,

i'm looking into buying my first wah pedal, and i was wondering if you guys could give me any recommendations as to a spigin awesum first one to get.

my budget isnt massive, so probably low to mid range cost wise. (up to 250 AU).

a crybaby RETAILS here for about 269, the standard model (CB95) most of the time, i can get em cheaper.

cheers
A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music.

bow chika bow wow
I got a Vox 847 yesterday for $100 and I love it so far. The only thing is you kind of have to slam down on it to turn it off. Other than that it's great.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
I've got a digitech RP80. you don't only have this amazing wah sound, but u can switch it up to regular distortion and stuff.

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
Quote by phoenix05
hey all,

i'm looking into buying my first wah pedal, and i was wondering if you guys could give me any recommendations as to a spigin awesum first one to get.

my budget isnt massive, so probably low to mid range cost wise. (up to 250 AU).

a crybaby RETAILS here for about 269, the standard model (CB95) most of the time, i can get em cheaper.

cheers

I've heard from reputable sources that, if you get a Crybaby and either mod it yourself or have someone else do it, it becomes a worthwhile, but expensive, purchase.

...You can't be serious about the Crybaby thing? I mean, $200 USD for a Crybaby? I got mine for $70 USD / $94 AU new...
You could always build you own. That way you can customise it to get the perfect sound to suit you
Your best bet is to audition everything that they have. It's all personal. I spend at least a couple of days playing and pondering equipment before I make a decision.

The Vox and Crybaby were nice, but after getting used to the thing, the Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah was it.

You can adjust the frequency and level with the contour switch and 2 knobs. It also uses an optical sensor instead of a pot so there's nothing to wear out. And it has a 2 year mfg. warranty. I got it for around $115 new in the box at GC.

Finally, there's no on/off switch to deal with - if you step off of the pedal it goes right into true bypass - awesome feature.

www.morleypedals.com/dvai-2.html
Last edited by ypunkd at Jul 7, 2006,
Look for a Vox V847, and try a looooad of wah's out before you buy.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
check out the Ibanez weeping demon WD7 wah pedal. great pedal, true bypass (no sound degredation) very customizable, and gets great reviews on harmony central and stuff.
GEAR:
Peavey 6505
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez WD7 Wah
custom 5150 les paul

check out my first guitar build, the razorback!
Official Member of the I <3 Schecter's Club, PM Schecter-06 to join.
Quote by JJK
I got a Vox 847 yesterday for $100 and I love it so far. The only thing is you kind of have to slam down on it to turn it off. Other than that it's great.

Good choice, yea the Vox 847's are the nicest in my opinion, yet the funny thing is I own a Dunlop Cry Baby lol.
I believe I played the 847 before I got the Morley - what does everyone find so special about it? Should I revisit it again?
^Might aswell.

They're just generally nice wahs, very classic rock/blues-y. Although I do prefer the Clyde McCoys.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by JJK

You can fix that, open the wah and slighty unscrew the bottom of the switch.
Get a Vox.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster