ok everyone, i found a gibson les paul studio, usa-made. i dont know what year or pickups(my friend whose guitar it is got it ages ago) for £700

is that a good price for second hand? the new ones are £850

I know its a good guitar for me etc, so going just on the price, what do people think?
Quote by MastaBassist10
"Um, yes waiter, I'll have a wank, please."

Quote by HaKattack

I'm a man. We don't cry. We bottle up emotions and become abusive alcoholics.

Proud Member of Slashism. PM slashs_#1_fan to join
I just sold a black one for £450. I wouldnt pay any more than £600 and thats MINT condition with a case.
700£ is a tad much
Founder Of The "Jimmy Page Stole All Of My Potential Riffs" Club PM To Join!.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Meh, I usually just buy them off the local shaman, unless I'm in the wilderness, where I rely on raw meat to raise my HP.
Doesn't it have a serial number? If it does then just get it and go to the Gibson website.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
Great guitars, but when's it from?
You can get really good used Studios from £450-£600, don't pay £700.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
yeah 700 is a bit to omuch

used one usually go for under 1 grand CDN here, which is rougly 500 pounds
Minsoo s.w.
I got mine off eBay for £400. Albeit it's a little roughed up around the edge, but after a setup it plays great. It didn't come with a Gibson case, though. But it's now in a Hiscox hard case.

I'd say £700 was too much, if the shop around you can probably get a new one for that price. I don't know what happened to the prices on GAK but the price of LP Studio's just shot up in the last year. They used to be around £700, now they're £850 - WTF happened there?

Anywho, shop around. Unless it plays and looks fantastic, I'm sure you can get a better deal.
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700