All bleeps and noises like idiotheque Kid A, not optimistic Kid A apperently.
Will this album be any good? (Thom Yorkes solo album)
Don't you just hate I.T. lessons
i hope so, dont expect a radiohead album though. if he wanted to do that he just would. this is another outlet for him and should be seen as one.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
Im looking forward to it. I reckon it will be a pretty good album from what Ive heard of it. Nothing groundbreaking but good.
The first time I heard it, I didn't really like it that much. But then, I found it really did grow on me. And yes I know it's stealing, but I will buy the album when it comes out.
I've heard the first 2 tracks and they're much better than I expected. Great vocals and songwriting, the electronic parts add to the song instead of taking it over. I'm going to pick it up when it comes out on Tuesday.

edit: There are real instruments, I think Thom played a lot of the piano and guitar samples. So even if they are samples, they were made from actual instruments and not synths or whatever.
It's all electronica. It's ok. Nothing special. Except for a real bass, there's no real instrumentation on the entire album, more or less. You kind of miss real instruments after a while. Lyrically and vocally it's pretty good. Not the best Thom Yorke is capable of, but decent. The whole album sounds like B-sides from Kid A.
Hi, I'm Peter
It's nothing short of amazing, though I've been pretty obsessed with Radiohead and Thom Yorke for awhile, so I may be bias.

I believe Thom would beg to differ about it "not being the best he's capable of"..
Listen to my music here
Quote by martyr
I believe Thom would beg to differ about it "not being the best he's capable of"..

Umm...good for you?

I'm as big a Radiohead fan as anyone else, but I'm not some mindless fanboy. Compared to other stuff he's written, "The Eraser" really does feel just like a side project. Hell, most of the Radiohead b-sides are better than this stuff.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
It's all electronica. It's ok. Nothing special. Except for a real bass, there's no real instrumentation on the entire album, more or less.

Er...there's quite a fair bit of piano.
It's ok but i found it to be more like amnesiac then kid a.
There is only one song on that album that I don't think is great, but everything else is real solid and its Thom. I mean, it is his solo album so its not going to have the influence from the other RH guys. This is him at his most stripped down and I love it.
i haven't heard anything from it yet but from what people are saying i think i'll like it. i hope so anyway

unluCKY...
from daylight...
...into darkness
They leaked the entire album on a radio station around my town (a pretty great goddamned radio station) and I really really really like it. It is all blips and bleeps along Kid A, but there's definitely more of a vitality and spunkiness to it. Thom sounds like he's having fun.
Poor advice.
i adore it. i really really do. its comfortably one of the best records thom has ever made.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
It took me a few listens to sink in, but i really like it