Poll: Best pepper guitarist?
Poll Options
View poll results: Best pepper guitarist?
Hillel Slovak
0 0%
John Frusciante
22 88%
Jack Sherman
0 0%
Dave Navarro
3 12%
Voters: 25.
who is the best chilis guitarist? I think its dave navarro coz he influenced them so much on one hot minute.
Originally Posted by Eric 666
if I had sex with my clone...I'd have a big dick in my ass.

Quote by Final !mpact
I mean 'Really Retarded' in the nicest way possible by the way.

Member 37 Of The RHCP fanclub.
Bruce Springsteen Fan?
My Myspace
all three of them are (or were in one case) great but fruischante is one of the greatest living guitarists period/
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
definately say john, has written a lot of memorable riffs and his work on the new album is quite impressive
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
true, I like them both. I just like Dave's solo on walkabout.
Originally Posted by Eric 666
if I had sex with my clone...I'd have a big dick in my ass.

Quote by Final !mpact
I mean 'Really Retarded' in the nicest way possible by the way.

Member 37 Of The RHCP fanclub.
Bruce Springsteen Fan?
My Myspace
frusciante is the chili peppers guitarist. while i enjoyed dave navarro's work on one hot minute, and i don't think frusciante is one of the best in the world like wingedgopher, john does make for the quintessential rhcp sound.
Frusciante he made more memorable stuff imo. Like the solo in Dani California was a total departure from their old stuff. I also like the riff in Snow.
I'd say John Frusciante. Can't really explain why. His technicall skills might not be better than the skills the other guitarists had but I just really love his riffs and solos, they sound so emotional and funky at the same time. I also like the overal composition of the tracks John plays in more than I like the overal composition of the tracks the other guitarists play in, so he also gets some extra point for the way he helps to shape the overal sound of the band.
Hillel was absolutely fantastic from what I hear, but I have too much respect for Frusciante to say anybody else. His guitarings great, and tasteful and full of passion, but I can't sit through watching him being interviewed, it just annoys me.
Hillel Slovak brought the Chili sound, however rough, together. Hell, he brought the whole damn band together, was a massive musical influence to all involved, Frusciante and Flea especially. The fact that he was such a close friend to Jack Irons and Kiedis counts for something too.

John completed it, refined it, and is the guitarist everyone will remember when you say "Red Hot Chili Peppers".

Dave Navarro was probably more influential than people think. I say we have him to thank for keeping the band together through a terrible period - Johns drug problems so soon after losing Slovak - and nudged them in a more rock oriented direction. Navarros guitar work was much more rock and roll than Frusciantes slightly more choppy, funky style and I believe this influenced the band (despite Kiedis stating in words to the effect of Navarro being the most irritating individual he's ever met) - compare post-Navarro Californication to pre-Navarro Blood Sugar Sex Magik. While probably the most insignificant of the three well kown RHCP guitarists, I think he's unfairly judged by fans.

But in the end, I think Frusciante takes it. He played on all their classics, the Chilis didn't feel quite right without him, he's just the right man for the job.

Unfortunately, I think he dropped the ball on Dani California, that solo made me cringe.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
anyone who says anything besides john is a dumbass. im not saying their othe rguitarists aren't good, but i cant see how you can't say john after what he's done in their CAREER. dave navarro worked with them for like one album,.. big deal, john was there for almost their entire catalogue
WOW i thank abe for being the onyl one to credit hillel at all, im a huge chili fan and it pissed the **** out of me when peopel liek you think blood sugar sex magik was thier ****ign first album, look into some of hillels work you will **** yourslef, hima nd flea made the chilis sound punk mixed with funk and hard rock, i think a few of you shoudl go buy freaky styly or uplift albums thier master peices and MOTHERS MILK is tier best album ever

there ive been a *****
Jimi was good.............
Page was GREAT........
But Geroge was better!!
Quote by ENADSIDOG
i think a few of you shoudl go buy freaky styly or uplift albums thier master peices and MOTHERS MILK is tier best album ever

I own and treasure all three, thank you

I just prefer the more chilled, but still funky vibe of Blood Sugar Sex Magik over the frantically funky earlier stuff.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Don't be silly. Guest appearance does not equate to member of the band. At least not in my book.