Im in a band . Weve got2 axemen and a third is nagging to join and hes my friend
I am return.

[][][][][][]R[]O[]C[]K[][][]O[]N[][][][][][]

Once
Upon a time
I could control myself...
and the point to this thread is.....
Guitars:
Parkwood PW320M
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone C-40 willie nelson signature
Squier Strat
Some beat up acoustic from '68

Amps:
Vox Ad50vt
Crate xt15r

Effects:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
good for a rhythmn and the other two playing harmonized leads. but it can sound too cluttered.
on a topic of how you would like to be buried...

Quote by Jacob6293
in a coffin, underground, next to my wife.

Quote by tylerishot
Me too. But only if she's alive.

Like iron Maiden!
unless you arent a metal band
son of dork do it as well
Quote by metal Lover
The thought of you humping her limp body is hilarious.

Listen to the first Radiohead record, 3 guitars can be awesome if you are able to arrange well. If everyone knows their chords all over the neck you all can play different permutations of the same chord or maybe even differnent chords, like one guy plays a G triad while another plays G7 and then another plays a high register E major chord and they you've got yourself a G13 played realized over 3 instruments.
My band has that too. We do Avenged Sevenfold stuff (two lead with one rhythym)
i am having the same problem(3 guitarists,one is technically the better guitarist but he is a judgemental b*stard,comments on how disiplined i am and always thinks he's right and he doesn't even try to learn anything about music or things that aren't just songs that he likes. The other has only been playing 6 months but is naturally good at guitar and tries to learn as much as he can even if he doesn't use it(atrificial-harmonics ect) and is very talented at sharing out riffs ect,creative but i can't really kick micheal( the annoying one)out because i would feel guilty and he would not change because he always thinks he is right
Quote by WeezerRocksHard
ya its good stuff, like hawthorne hieghts, you have one guy playing the clean intro part, another palm mutting, and another playing this lead thing over it, it sounds awsome

haha he said hawthorne heights
not only did he just say hawthorne heights, he just said hawthorne heights and awesome in the same sentence.
^ yeah i had that happen once..... but i used the words "is definately not" between hawthorne heights and awesome..... but there are TONS of uses for 3 guitarists.... in fact i have trouble writing for just 2 guitars (i'd go nuts if i had to just do guitar and bass) you can expand exponentially with more guitarists, in fact, try this, get someone on synth (someone really good who can essentially cover for 2 keyboardists) on top of your 3 guitarists, bass player and drummer.....
the thing is the third is a mate but hes only just started playin...
I am return.

[][][][][][]R[]O[]C[]K[][][]O[]N[][][][][][]

Once
Upon a time
I could control myself...
Umm just say no the band is full i hate the thought of three guitarists its so cluttered if you dont play any solos you really only need one. well at least IMO
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by WeezerRocksHard
ya its good stuff, like hawthorne hieghts, you have one guy playing the clean intro part, another palm mutting, and another playing this lead thing over it, it sounds awsome

I hate you.

On topic, have him "try out" a couple times. See what kind of sounds you can get with three guitarists. If you can make some good sounding music, let him in. If it sounds like sh*t, just tell him it won't work out.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar