hey guys, this is my first time posting if I'm not mistaken. coz normally I just read a few threads here and there. I've currently been playing acoustic for about 6-7 months yet somehow I feel I want to improve my playing more. Some people tell me that classical is the way to go if I want to get those techniques in and play scales etc. I've already asked my teacher about it and he says it's ok if I want to learn, but I'm still kinda thinking if I should switch. if I take classical, I would like to take the ABRSM exams.. so was just wondering if the course is really boring, or ok, or what? haha. if u guys have many experiences good or bad or just any comments/opinions feel free to voice them out thx
im not sure about your exams and stuff but if its like ours over here. the stuff is easy just fingerpicking isnt something that you pickup overnight.
Quote by neorelated4
hey guys, this is my first time posting if I'm not mistaken. coz normally I just read a few threads here and there. I've currently been playing acoustic for about 6-7 months yet somehow I feel I want to improve my playing more. Some people tell me that classical is the way to go if I want to get those techniques in and play scales etc. I've already asked my teacher about it and he says it's ok if I want to learn, but I'm still kinda thinking if I should switch. if I take classical, I would like to take the ABRSM exams.. so was just wondering if the course is really boring, or ok, or what? haha. if u guys have many experiences good or bad or just any comments/opinions feel free to voice them out thx

I have been playin the classical guitar for 7 years now (since i was 9 or maybe 8 i cant remember) and i have loved it ever sonce i started.

I play all of the beasts now and i always feel great whenever i pick up my classical and think 'haha this sounds so much better than anything else'.

You dont have to do any exams, i haven't (ive been told im about grade 7 or 8) really they are not worth having till you get to degree level as it helps towards your uni points (if you are in the UK).

Never regret it, cant fault it.
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
I play all of the beasts now and i always feel great whenever i pick up my classical and think 'haha this sounds so much better than anything else'.

really? how much different does acoustic sound from classical. I know acoustic has a better strumming effect and classical has nicer plucking, but I haven't heard as much so I can't tell.

normally what do ppl learn on classical guitar? classical songs? could anyone give a few good examples of those? coz I'm not exposed to those kind of things.