Due to my serious lack of tone I was wondering if there exists just straight up software that I could acquire completley legally of course that offers some kind of decent modeling.
If you buy a Line 6 Toneport UX1, or UX2 it comes with 'gearbox" which is a modeling program, and also some recording software.

I have it myself, and i personally am very pleased with it.
Guitar Fx Box that sux!!
AmpliTube
Guitar Suite Free!
Guitar Rig 2

And an interface if you want to hook up your guitar straight in your PC's ass!
Like:

Line6 toneport!
M-Audio Firewire SOLO!
Behringer DI100! about 40 bucks!!
I dont have any of them . but had read good reviews.

Preferably firewire.
unitedkid:
between a bioengineered apple and an organic apple,tasters might not notice a difference,but when a consumers starts growing a elephant trunk out of their ass,they'll wonder. enjoy your solidstate amp you know,coz a scientist said so
also amp farm from line 6,but its hard to find.
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....
I have a tubeamp modeller for ladspa! (Linux Audio Developers Simple Plugin API)

I just put it on the guitar's mixer strip in ardour and then play with the settings a bit. Sounds awesome and it's completely free. Theres tons more of guitar modeller effects for ladspa.
I think he's talking about GUITAR modeling software, in which case he should get a variax/

line6.com/variax
Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

PM Soulfly_freak or sock_demon to join
gearbox is awsome with the toneport
Member #5 of the I <3 Schecter's Club-PM Schecter-06 to join
"Member of the Guitarists that wished they could sing because they would make fantastic frontmen club"-Pm Davidian to join