ive been looking into buying one of them,idk which one to go for tho, they r both awesome pedals..which one is the best in its style...octave and all...i like the whammy best, but i play alot of cky,slipknot,korn,afi(hardly ever octave if ne)...and ect....but the whammy would fit most of those bands..but the oc3 has more of a customizible octave choice...which one would be best...?
What new friends will the day bring?

Private in the 7>6

[Member of the Ibanez S Players.] PM Striketalonx to join
yes...i didnt say it wasnt..

Private in the 7>6

Well I have a Boss OC3 as well as a DigiTech XP-100 Whammy Wah (same abilities as the Whammy and more).

Honestly, you should try them out if you can.

Foremost, the OC3 is basically an octave harmonizer, with controls & such for 1 octave below and 2 octaves below. The OC3 also has the distortion mode which I think isn't that bad (mess around with it, and you can sort of get like a CKY sound). It also has another mode which essentially allows you to play more than one note at a time without it sounding it utterly craptastic (it isn't perfect, but it's a pretty interesting feature/improvement). It's a good pedal that does an interesting sound, but it's really only capable of doing the one thing.

But the Whammy is basically a pitch shifter. Not only can it pitch shift 1 octave lower and 2 octaves lower, it can also pitch shift other intervals, like 1 octave higher, a 4th higher, etc.

I enjoy my OC3, and I got it because I liked the sound it gave me in the store. But realistically, I rarely use it. I use my Whammy Wah pedal A LOT more than my OC3.
get the whammy
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
kool...looks like im goin for a whammy...thnx for the replies and everything..

Private in the 7>6