Because I want too, and just wanna make sure before I go out and by the strings.
††††††††††††††††††††

Quote by Chevylegend454
Ddarkgod667 Your my hero
for today at least

Quote by Home_EG
I don't get it...

Dave Mustaine?

Is that the guy who wasn't good enough for Metallica?

If you like Nu-metal... check these guy's myspace out
theyre just higher gauge strings the name baritone means nothing, i could buy high gauge strings put em on my guitar tune it low and it would be a baritone guitar. if you try to tune it to standard the strings may break because theyll be too tight, but if they dont youll need to adjust your truss rod due to the higher tension
Baritone strings are like .13's. So, I wouldn't advise you to put them on your guitar if you're playing anything lower than standard C. Even standard C may have too much tension on the strings.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Yeah but I play usually 1 1/2 steps down and lower and dont want a lot of slack

So can you?
††††††††††††††††††††

Quote by Chevylegend454
Ddarkgod667 Your my hero
for today at least

Quote by Home_EG
I don't get it...

Dave Mustaine?

Quote by jmag
Baritone strings are like .13's. So, I wouldn't advise you to put them on your guitar if you're playing anything lower than standard C. Even standard C may have too much tension on the strings.

I play drop b lol
††††††††††††††††††††

Quote by Chevylegend454
Ddarkgod667 Your my hero
for today at least

Quote by Home_EG
I don't get it...

Dave Mustaine?

Then yeah, .13's are fine. Just make sure you set up your guitar for those tunings or else your neck will warp.
Quote by primusfan

lol no thats not what baritone strings are for theyre for tunings WAY lower... by a heavy set of strings like .12's it should help stabilize the tuning
Quote by xX Maverick Xx
lol no thats not what baritone strings are for theyre for tunings WAY lower... by a heavy set of strings like .12's it should help stabilize the tuning

ok that sounds better

I'm surprised I didnt think of that earlier, ugh I'm an idiot I know .
††††††††††††††††††††

Quote by Chevylegend454
Ddarkgod667 Your my hero
for today at least

Quote by Home_EG
I don't get it...

Dave Mustaine?

A baritone is usually tuned to B, I think... Of course, there are always baritones tuned to subsonic tunings that not even wales can hear, but those are exceptions.
Quote by primusfan

i actually didnt know this for a while either until i read a column in Total Guitar about drop c and drop b
Quote by jmag
A baritone is usually tuned to B, I think... Of course, there are always baritones tuned to subsonic tunings that not even wales can hear, but those are exceptions.

baritone strings wouldnt break in 1 1/2 steps down would they?
††††††††††††††††††††

Quote by Chevylegend454
Ddarkgod667 Your my hero
for today at least

Quote by Home_EG
I don't get it...

Dave Mustaine?

That's like C#/Db, right? Well, I don't know if they'd break... They could break, but they'll surely have a lot of tension. Highly unreccomendable.
Quote by primusfan

yes that would be the tuning, so I'm assuming heavy strings are the best
††††††††††††††††††††

Quote by Chevylegend454
Ddarkgod667 Your my hero
for today at least

Quote by Home_EG
I don't get it...

Dave Mustaine?

Quote by Ddarkgod667
yes that would be the tuning, so I'm assuming heavy strings are the best

Look man... Instead of going with baritone strings, just put in .11's... You can't tune your guitar to C# with .13's and expect it to play well. .11's are thick enough to be comfortable in drop B, I suppose...
Quote by primusfan

Quote by jmag
Look man... Instead of going with baritone strings, just put in .11's... You can't tune your guitar to C# with .13's and expect it to play well. .11's are thick enough to be comfortable in drop B, I suppose...

My dad has an electric he set up for slide guitar with acoustic .14's he put on there. They feel awesome and the neck's fine.
Quote by jmag

i had 12's in my brother's LP and B standard was pretty loose.

abd to whoever said something about subsonic baritone tuning: the guitar most likely won't be tuned over 2-3 octaves lower.

baritone strings are basically 13's in a longer string.

just get 11-13's.
It's all preference really. But putting too tight of strings on can damage your guitar. I use .11's for D standard and Drop C, but I'm sure they would be just fine for Db. If you like tighter strings, maybe go with .12's, but I'd say .11 is the best way to go.
Quote by jmag

Baritone strings are *alot* heavier than that. I usually play .13/.56 in either standard or Eb, and I've never had a problem with neck warpage.
Quote by Carcinogen
Baritone strings are *alot* heavier than that. I usually play .13/.56 in either standard or Eb, and I've never had a problem with neck warpage.

I stand corrected and will be quiet from now on, then.
But baritone strings are .13-56... At least the Viper-400 baritone by LTD has got them.

EDIT:
Quote by 4string-tsurigi
and to whoever said something about subsonic baritone tuning: the guitar most likely won't be tuned over 2-3 octaves lower.

It was me... It was just a joke on guitars tuned to G and F, and such.
Quote by primusfan

Last edited by jmag at Jul 7, 2006,
My baritone is currently tuned to Bb Eb Ab Db F Bb.

You will regret putting baritone strings on your guitar--especially since it is set up for standard gauge strings.
Last edited by jndietz at Jul 7, 2006,
whoever said they could put baritone strings on their guitar and have a baritone would be wrong.

Scene as a baritone guitar has a scale length of between 27 dn 28 inches.

Its halfway between a guitar and a bass.
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG1570 w/ Swineys
Fender Standard Telecaster w/ Duncans
Ibanez RGT42DXFX w/ EMG

Amp
Behringer 15W Amp

Effects
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Quote by olix99
whoever said they could put baritone strings on their guitar and have a baritone would be wrong.

Scene as a baritone guitar has a scale length of between 27 dn 28 inches.

Its halfway between a guitar and a bass.

True, but I think when he said baritone strings he was talking about guage. At least I supposed he was, hence all my posts.
Quote by primusfan

You could try but I would advise raising the action so that you dont get all of that buzz