Greetings...... well back in the day I had a Rectoverb and sold it. Had a Tremoverb and sold it... and now I have a F-50.

Im not gigging as much so I want a 50 watt tube combo. Im not as satisfied with the F-50 as I thought I would be and I have been checking out the Nomad 55 1x12 combos.

The channels on the Nomad look pretty good, I would like to have a clean channel, mild gain channel, then a heavy gain channel. Unfortunately, I cant find a Nomad55 anywhere around me to play as they have been discontinued. How does the Nomad's 3rd channel stack up to the Recto Modern Gain Channel?

I really liked the sound of my T-Verb's modern gain channel, only Im not gigging as much, didnt need a 100 watt tube amp in my apartment, and didnt have room for a 2x12 cabinet and really needed to downsize.....

Currently Im playing the F-50 with a Jekyll and Hyde Pedal. I use the Jekyll and Hyde Pedal for Overdrive and Distortion on the F-50 clean channel and I use the 2nd channel as a solo channel and a blues channel. Ideally I would like to get a 3 channel Rectoverb but since Mesa doesnt make that, Im looking into other amps and the Nomad caught my eye.

Any advice on the Nomad?
doesn't the f50 have a third channel? EDIT: called contour.

I'd use the J&K (the jekyll bit) to boost the overdrive channels on the f50 too, it'll sound more tube-like.

Haven't tried the nomad.

The lone star special is quite nice, and can get down to 5 watts, so would be good for home practice. It claims it has a high gain channel, and it does, but it's still kind of vintage sounding...

just another one to think about. But i'd mess with the f50 first. I tried the f30, and I thought it was really nice...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Yea, the F-50 has channel 1, 2 and then 2 with coutour. The problem is they dont have individual volumes to control them. For me, one of the options therefore becomes useless without individual gain or volume control on them.

The clean on the F-50 is great, the distortion with contour is great, Im just trying to minimize my setup and get all my distortion sounds in 1 amp, and the F-50 doesnt do that for me.

Right now its the best solution, but its not perfect, hence why I am lookin for opinions on the Nomad 55.
^ ah, ok, fair enough. I have't tried the nomad. What's your budget?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?