is the ad30 tube or solid state and same goes with the ad50 im sure the ad50 is tube but i dont no about the ad30
i8 think the valvetronix are all solid state but with some weird system like a preamp in there and then they are modelling amps
theyre hybrids, the power stage is tube
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
All the valvetronix amps are SS with a tube preamp. They're closer to SS than to tube, but sound better than similar all-SS amps, at least to my ears.
Quote by Roc8995
All the valvetronix amps are SS with a tube preamp. They're closer to SS than to tube, but sound better than similar all-SS amps, at least to my ears.

This is correct, I have an AD30VT to use as a knock-around amp, it's fun to experiment with, and sounds good for what it is. Go here if you want more info:

http://valvetronix.net/
Quote by Roc8995

No, that is incorrect. They are solid state, but with a pre-amp tube in the power amp section. The preamp itself is completely solid state. The pre-amp tube in the power amp section is just to help with low volume sound. To me it's a worse marketing gimmick than the regular hybrid with the tube preamp. That applies to ALL Vox Valvetronix amps. That being said, the AD50VT is the cheapest one that's a good investment. The stock speakers in the AD15 and AD30 suck.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
No, that is incorrect. They are solid state, but with a pre-amp tube in the power amp section. The preamp itself is completely solid state. The pre-amp tube in the power amp section is just to help with low volume sound. To me it's a worse marketing gimmick than the regular hybrid with the tube preamp. That applies to ALL Vox Valvetronix amps. That being said, the AD50VT is the cheapest one that's a good investment. The stock speakers in the AD15 and AD30 suck.

Actually, you are correct, it is a 12AX7 that would NORMALLY be in the preamp, but is in the power amp section instead. I also agree that if one has the $$$ the 50's external speaker jack makes it a better choice.
I didn't know the tube was in the poweramp section. Being a 12AX7, I just assumed it was preamp. Thanks for clearing that up.