So I'm looking for a nice flanger. I don't really care about what it sounds like with drive, I'm more concerned about a nice, slow, dreamy sound for my more ambient sounding stuff. What can I get for under $125? I heard the Rocktron Hypnotic Flange is nice, any recommendations? Thanks!

-Daniel White
BOSS makes one of the best Flangers on the market.. I bought one years ago, and i love it.. Its all really about personal preferance though since every flanger is a little different, but i like the BOSS cause its got so much range you can tweak it to however you want.

I also have a FAB Flanger from DanElectro, and its not as good as the BOSS, but for only $20 its a total steal, and it still sounds great, and has good range.. Check guitar centers website, im sure they still have the FAB pedals, and there only $20 each (i bought 4 of them lol..)
Quote by DBS_KICKS_ASS

I dunno, they're both over my price range. Maybe, I'll have to try it out, but will it give me that crystal clear ambience I'm looking for? The best example is in Offspring's "Pay the Man". Something like that.
I've heard about the Flanger Hoax being very hard to use. The Electric Mistress is a good one though (though it does take up a lot of pedalboard space like most EHX products but who cares)

for $120 you can otherwise get the Boss BF3 or an old analog BF2 if you go used (for even less)
Just for warning, I tried out an EH Flange/Filter Matrix, t'was pretty useless, not much range to it, and the filter thing was terrible, and sounded like the guitar was made from metal.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by Neon Knight
ADA make the best flangers hands down, check ebay.

Yeah for $200! Good God, didn't you see my budget?
You can get A/DA's for pretty cheap if you hound eBay for them. My mate got a reissue for summin like 110 shipped.
Quote by MastaBassist10
Yeah for $200! Good God, didn't you see my budget?

hence the reason i mentioned ebay.
TEEP!!! Oiiiiiiieeeeeeeyyy!!!!!!
I just picked up a BF-2 on ebay for 50 bucks w/ an adapter.
Fender Strat
Ibanez 2351 LP Copy
Fender Stage Lead II
Crybaby Wah
Danelectro Fab Tone
Boss MT-2
Boss BF-2
Boss DD-5
Digitech RP100A
^How is it?
Quote by Neon Knight
hence the reason i mentioned ebay.

Yes, the place I found it for $200 is on eBay. I could only find one, but maybe my "eBay skillz" suck. If you can find one in my budget, by all means, show me.
^It's 100% hit or miss/right place at the right time on eBay. There are plenty of idiots with low prices and plenty of dickwads with inflated prices. If you don't mind waiting around you'll find a good deal.
Quote by MastaBassist10
^How is it?.

Its good, only thing is i like the sound better when i place the flanger before the distortion pedal but i get alot more unwanted noise, i guess i need a noise supressor.
Fender Strat
Ibanez 2351 LP Copy
Fender Stage Lead II
Crybaby Wah
Danelectro Fab Tone
Boss MT-2
Boss BF-2
Boss DD-5
Digitech RP100A