My baritone is currently setup for Bb Eb Ab Db F Bb. I would like to set it up for Db Gb B E Ab Db. How do I go about doing this? Where do I start? I'm not exactly sure which way I turn the truss rod to move it up or down as I've never messed with this aspect of guitars before. Also, how do I set it up so that the action is suitable for me but still the intonation is correct?

TIA

-Jared
Last edited by jndietz at Jul 7, 2006,
youu would need to retune and then measure the bend of the neck. if ur getting buzz, u would raise the action at the bridge a little first.

so tune then repost if there are any problems.

along the same lines, u adjust the action and then check ur tuning at the 12th to see if intonation needs to be set.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
youu would need to retune and then measure the bend of the neck. if ur getting buzz, u would raise the action at the bridge a little first.

so tune then repost if there are any problems.

along the same lines, u adjust the action and then check ur tuning at the 12th to see if intonation needs to be set.

Well, the string height is already really high as it is, even with my Bb tuning. I'll go ahead and tune it up to Db then adjust the string height and intonation as necessary.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
also what guitar is it? and what bridge type? that would help if you need to re-intonate

Its an OLP MM5 baritone with a Tele style fixed bridge:

That isn't my actual bridge, but thats what it looks like.

I ended up breaking one of my strings while tuning up last night, not sure why that happened. Anyone know? The guy I bought this guitar from SAID they were new strings... I just don't want to break another string again.

in case u werent sure.
maybe ur tuning it up too high and snapping the strings.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by jj1565

in case u werent sure.
maybe ur tuning it up too high and snapping the strings.

So the string breaking had nothing to do with the neck or anything? Should I even screw with the neck or should I just leave it and adjust the height/intonation when I get my new strings on there?
u cant really mess with the neck until u get strings on.

not sure about ur tunings or ur string gauge. i think thats usually the culprit.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

maybe there was a burr on your saddle. we had a burr on the mexi and would usually break the d string every 3 weeks or so so we just sanded it down and still havent broken the d string yet. this was about 4 months ago aswell
I was also going to add that C# tuning (that of Slipknot and Chevelle) shouldn't be that high for .13-.64 strings.... Just got them today, so we'll find out.