I am heading over to Florida on holiday next week and I was going to see about getting myself a new axe.

I have a Squier Affinity Strat at the minute, and I'm fed up of fret buzz and feedback from it. So I was wondering if anyone could recomend a nice guitar, but cheap (I'll be asking my parents to get me it lol :P)

I play a wide range of stuff e.g. Audioslave, Oasis, Muse, Avenged Sevenfold, Tenacious D

Cheers
Depending on your price range, I've heard great things about the Schecter Omen 6. It's about $300, that's what I'm saving up to get right now.
get a les paul standard (epiphone)... about $400 i think
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
Last edited by latinosuperstud at Jul 7, 2006,
dou you like the feel of a strat? maybe try a MIM strat
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Quote by boyonthehill@gm
I was thinkin of a Les Paul

overrated, ive played les pauls and Im not a fan of there sound.
Quote by Vin2254

What kind of music you play?

Quote by boyonthehill@gm
I play a wide range of stuff e.g. Audioslave, Oasis, Muse, Avenged Sevenfold, Tenacious D

i think that will answer your question

and just as a sidenote, i have to defend my love of LPs. LPs earned their reputation. theyre not overrated.

Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
Quote by Moff09
Depending on your price range, I've heard great things about the Schecter Omen 6. It's about $300, that's what I'm saving up to get right now.

i have it, its a great guitar. its more meant for heavier stuff, but thats fine by me.
Quote by Vin2254

that's like saying sex is overrated... no my friend, the les paul is sweet
Nirvana
Good Charlotte, Simple Plan
The Omen 6 is a decent/good guitar, however, the thing to remember is why would you want to upgrade your low-end guitar to another low-end guitar. If you like Schecters, the C1 series is very versatile and much higher quality than the Omen 6, or if you prefer the Les Paul style, the Epiphones will suit you well too.
Quote by pierce34celtic
The Omen 6 is a decent/good guitar, however, the thing to remember is why would you want to upgrade your low-end guitar to another low-end guitar. If you like Schecters, the C1 series is very versatile and much higher quality than the Omen 6, or if you prefer the Les Paul style, the Epiphones will suit you well too.

well i went from a Squier to my Omen, its one hell of a step up, even if its 'low-end' or not.
Defintely get an Agile. Great guitars, but you might want to upgrade the pickups. Granted you will have to order it, but it's worth it. And it comes with a hardshell case. They are way better than the epiphone's. Great electronics and can play all the types of music you mentioned. www.rondomusic.net

I would suggest something like this
http://www.rondomusic.net/ps924.html

or maybe this
http://www.rondomusic.net/al2000hsbf.html

Gear
Gibson Explorer
Epi Les Paul Standard

Amp
B-52 AT-100 Half stack.

Last edited by pullmeunder at Jul 7, 2006,
I'm back! I went to Guitar Centre along Orange Blossom Trail in Orlando, there was a nice EPI Les Paul SG Custom, antique ivory colour with gold hardware, 3 humbuckers. $499. However, I went to a guitar shop on Intl Drive and saw an EPI LP Standard Plus, $499. I was left with a difficult choice. I liked the SG because it was a bit unique. But I decided to get the LP Standard. I don't know if it is a good or bad choice, however I love the guitar. Thanks for the help, happy rockin
pics?
Epiphone les paul custom
Epiphone les paul 56' reissue goldtop
Custom Telecaster
Boss ME-50
Digitech flanger
Digitech Hot Head
Marshall MG100DFX

Unmarked P-bass
Johnson J-style
Aria STB jazzbass
Fender Rumble 100
epi lp?

you coulda gotten a better guitar for elss money if you got an agile

and yeah

pics would be nice
Gear:
PRS Custom SE
Shit Strat
line6 spider II 112 (worst choice of my life)
Squier 10 watt (sounds better than the spider)
Digitech rp200
Rocktron Silver Dragon

Quote by FretboardToAsh
he's right, and he plays prs so that's proof.