I've been told by some friends that this is a nice bass, and i have been looking to add a schecter to my collection (for playing), should I.

EMG HZ pickups, S-TEK bridge, active 12dB EQ. Maple/walnut laminate neck with rosewood fretboard, mahogony body. 35" scale

musicians friend price is $549.99.

TIA
Quote by unfathomable_bo
Well it isnt hard to bend a string that has the tension of a piece of well cooked spaghetti, especially when you have hands like goalkeeper gloves

My songs: (more to come) (C4C's)
Screams fell silent underneath the black sun
and I say once again.

Quote by Fett13
Well, I own an Elite-4, which is essentially the same thing, except its a 4-string the Elites have neck-through design instead of bolt on. Also, I personally think they look a lot better (mmmmm.....black cherry and gold hardware........).

But back to the topic. Schecter makes great basses. I have yet to play another bass that I would rather own. I'd gladly take my E-4 over any of the others I've played. The only thing that I've ever heard anyone complain about concerning the Stiletto line is the neck width. Personally I like a thin neck, but not everyone does, so they gripe about that. I played an E-5 just a few days ago, and even though I don't much care for 5 stings, I must say it was a very nice bass.

As for versatility, this bass does a lot. You can get a great multitude of sounds out of it, and from what I've seen/heard you can do pretty much anything, from simple finger picking to slap (though I can't say for sure on the slap part, I personally don't slap at all).

Personally the only thing I would recomend is to take the Elite over the Custom, but that's more personal preference for neck-through and for the color than anything else. The pickups/electronics are all the same between them. If you like the sound, go for it. Its a great bass for a great price.

*COUGHblackcherryCOUGH*
Now introducing: thefitz: thegame. It's what all the cool kids are playing!

For rules and details please see thefitz's signature. Fett13 Inc. is not responsible for any injuries or loss of life resulting from thefitz: thegame
©2008 Fett13 Inc.
I own a C-4, which is amazing, but I played a Stiletto 5 at Guitar Center once and couldn't put it down.
I would go with the Schecter Stiletto Studio 5. I have owned one for almost a year and I still have yet to play a better bass. It is neck-thru,EMG-gold pickups(Active), and it has a 3 band EQ.It does not cost much more than the other Stiletto basses so I say go for the Stilleto Studio 5.
Holiday, Boulevard Of Broken Dreams And American Idiot's Solos!!!! Those Are Soooo Good!!!
greenday1182
Quote by Names_mud
I would go with the Schecter Stiletto Studio 5. I have owned one for almost a year and I still have yet to play a better bass. It is neck-thru,EMG-gold pickups(Active), and it has a 3 band EQ.It does not cost much more than the other Stiletto basses so I say go for the Stilleto Studio 5.

sorry, just wanted to make a quick correction. The pickups are EMG-HZ (unless you changed yours) which are passive pickups. It has active electronics, but the pickups are still passive.

On the off-chance that someone challenges this, I might as well state my sources ahead of time. First go to www.schecterguitars.com, basses, Studio-5 (can't give you an exact link, the site is in Flash), to see the pickups are, in fact, EMG-HZs. Then go to this page, and you'll see that they are passive pickups.

As for Studio VS Elite, I have to side with the Elite (and not just because I own one). I much prefer the S-Tek bridge to the Diamond Custom, I don't much care for the look of the Studio (black cherry all the way) and when I played the Studio, I found I really didn't have any use for the extra band of EQ. I mean, if you need the EQ, go for it, but I still like the Eilites better. Also, the Elite is $50 (give or take) cheaper, so think about this. Do you really need another EQ band for $50? If so, get it. If not, get the Elite (in black cherry <_< )
Now introducing: thefitz: thegame. It's what all the cool kids are playing!

For rules and details please see thefitz's signature. Fett13 Inc. is not responsible for any injuries or loss of life resulting from thefitz: thegame
©2008 Fett13 Inc.
my friend just got a c-5 and i play a elite 5. They are both great basses. They can play anything, and have great playability. I would highly recommend a scheter bass.
I played one last saturday. It was good, but it didn't speak to me. Of course I was comparing it against an MTD (I almost emptied my bank account when I played that sonofa-shut-yo-mouf), a Peavey Cirrus (mmm.....bubinga...), a Warwick Streamer Standard (not exactly exceptional, but decent), and a seven string hollowbody beast named Gladys.

Not to hijack this or anything, but the Warwick I played was a pretty good bass, but it wasn't great. It had a passive EQ, and a single MEC humbucker. Do you guys think $450 was a reasonable price for it? I thought it seemed like it was worth that, but I'm no Warwick afficianado, so I've no idea what they really go for or anything.
i can personally say that's an incredible bass. one of my friends has it, and he got it fro 300 online.