Triple: 150 watts.....6 power tubes, 3 rectifier tubes.....tube replacement is more expensive, it has more headroom, but also takes more to push to get the tubes to overdrive

Dual: 100 watts.....4 power tubes and two rectifier tubes.....tube replacement will obviously be cheaper, has less headroom (still a bunch though) and is easier to push, making it easier to get a beautiful tube tone at a slightly lower lever.
i used to have a triple, then running my tremonti into that. It was way more than i ever needed, and i preferred the krank revolution
mydadisjewish = avatar stealer
yeah the triple is 150watts of tube power, so unless your playing to a huge arena like crowd or something, the dual is the way to go. and from what i understand the tone is the same, just the wattage is more on the triple.
^ the tone is the same yeah.

I dont see why people reserve the Triple for "huge arenas'...??

Even with the Dual by the time you get it to that 'pushed' stage...its way too loud and would over power the rest of the band.

I took home the Dual for 3 days and gave it a thurough test run (and took it to band practice and all) and found that it was too loud when turned up to 4.5
then i took it home and cranked the **** out of it and got that crazy 'pushed' sound at like 7...

then i took it back.

And got a Triple Recto halfstack instead. eh. what the hell.
hmmm do i want 100watts or 150watts? OMG LEIK 150 IS BETTER SO STFU

yeah more headroom and more expensive tube replacement.... dual would prolly be a lil more conservative
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
^Ever heard of getting a good deal?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
^Ever heard of getting a good deal?

good deal? i thought the dual was cheaper then the triple? or do you mean a good deal on the triple?
No, like, he got a discount on the Triple

EDIT: yeah, that didnt make much sense
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?